The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original thread located here- http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/exige-s-de-cat-65663/

Anyone De-CAT'd their Exige S yet? How did the car respond to it, any adverse effects apart from an MIL light?

Was the noise greatly increased? I'm thinking de-CAT on an standard Exige S with a Lotus Stage 3 (one designed for SC cars) exhaust. I know sports CAT's seem the way to go but swapping around for vehicle checks is not a problem for me and I'm pretty partial to flames... its the one thing I miss from my old car.

I presume it won't effect fueling due to the second lamda been an emissions check and not part of the fuel adjustment system. And I guess the Lotus / Toyota ECU is advanced enough to adjust for any fueling increases for the increased flow of gasses.

Thanks.

Q

·
0 Posts
VERY Loud, very gassy smelling at idle. CEL was on within 5 miles and did not go away.

Did not like...

Removed and placed back my sportcat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if you put the O2 bung back into the decat pipe, will the CEL still come on? i have a lambo murcielago which i decat, but my decat pipe came with a provision for the O2 sensor, so i just screwed it back and no CEL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually if you don't fit an electronic CEL eliminator you'll fit a hardware eliminator which spaces the lamda sensor out over which usually does the same trick.

Q

·
0 Posts
Yes, even with the O2 sensor in the bung on a dec-at, it comes on.

The Exige S is also VERY finicky with the CEL eliminiators. I could not get an electronic eliminator or the 90 degree adapter eliminator to NOT produce a CEL.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I had a S with Arqray de-cat and the 90 degree adapter for a few thousand miles and no CEL....good mix of track miles, city driving, long road trips (one from OH to GA and one from OH to NV)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.