The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time finally came, it has been a while in the making but it is now here the "Gotham" tune is on my "S".
There is good news, The car was dynoed on the same dyno as first time which is connected direct to the hubs and it made.....

263.6whp @ 8000rpm and 171.4 lb-ft of torque @ 7930

The bhp was still climbing but to get a nice reading the operator finished before the limiter as he said he doesn't like the jagged bits at the end. I also have the AFR as well.
Now if you use a flywheel hp correction of say 12% this would give 295fwhp and 191.9 lb-ft of flywheel torque.
Although it has been a long wait it certainly has been worth it I need to thank (in no particular order) Wayne from Sinclaire, Wayne from Proalloy, Jim from 2bular, CharlieX and Frank.
You have all helped out in many ways :cool
I am now so happy to get my car back and just want to drive it all the time.
The full spec of the car is
Exige S
2bular sports cat and 24*8 GT3 Exhaust
Proalloy charge cooler
CharlieX Gotham tune
440cc RC injectors
Green panel filter

This shows the car as standard (with the 2bular and sports cat and green panel filter) as a pre then with the Gotham tune and Proalloy charge cooler overlaid

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ho my god ! Really interesting numbers.

Now make a nice video in action. :clap:

and post a picture with the charge cooler setup installed.

Congrats!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Quick newb questions: I'm not familiar with the intake setup on the S... does the charge cooler sit between the throttle body and the SC, or is it after the SC? Given that the heat is generated by the SC compression (i.e., PV=nRT) and the recyling, it makes sense to have it in the high pressure side, but doesn't all that volume introduce the same kind of throttle latency that a turbo does? In other words, the larger the post-SC volume, the more time it takes to raise the pressure, no?

Must be amazing to drive the car with this kind of grunt. Would love to hear if/how it changes your approach on track. Looks very nice too... there's just somthing about all that piping :).

Thanks!
LP

·
Registered
157 Posts
Would also love to see some pics! That is awsome power on stock pully.

Great tune. :clap:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Does anyone know how many BTU/hr the proalloy setup is able to move?

I'm guessing that the stock Exige S intercooler (aftercooler) is capable of something like 50,000 BTU/hr, but I'd love to hear from someone who has a more reasoned guess or some actual data.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I would start with a few pics of it installed.

Not sure about the expected btu/hr figure but this charge cooler setup use in my car handles the cooling for 380bhp turbo audi installs in Exiges so it easily copes with my 300hp, maybe email Wayne at Proalloy for actual figures?

Not sure what I can do for a video, might try to do one of the speedo?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Ade, your mandrel bent aluminum intercooler tubes will really complete the beauty of that install. They should be shipping early next week. Those heavy cast pieces have no business on a Lotus. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I now can't wait to get them to, have you checked to see what the weight saving is?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ade, your mandrel bent aluminum intercooler tubes will really complete the beauty of that install. They should be shipping early next week. Those heavy cast pieces have no business on a Lotus. :rolleyes:

good point. I never thought of that before.

This procharger sounds like a great concept. But it also sounds like it adds some weigh too. With an additional radiator, a water pump, lines.

The weight you save from the aluminum piping probably wont add up to the additional weight you added from the procharger. :shrug:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Injectors?

Did Charlie have to modify the standard Gotham tune to cope with the larger injectors?

Jerry

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good point. I never thought of that before.

This procharger sounds like a great concept. But it also sounds like it adds some weigh too. With an additional radiator, a water pump, lines.

The weight you save from the aluminum piping probably wont add up to the additional weight you added from the procharger. :shrug:
To be honest the A/A intercooler is so bad it may as well not be there if you live somewhere hot, I never got the weight of the new cooler but in comparison verses the extra power that on it own produced there is no competition, the extra was 20whp..... now people complain about the dyno results no been meaningfull etc, but the seat of the pants doesn't lie and it was a definitive improvement :cool:
Adding the Gotham just made it amazing :coolnana:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did Charlie have to modify the standard Gotham tune to cope with the larger injectors?

Jerry
Sadly the UK cars come with 330cc so they needed changing to the same as the US spec of 440cc, however from what I can gather there was a whole bunch of other changes made to suit the euro cars.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts