The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I just got my 2007 Exige S and the head unit (radio) faceplate is missing! :panic: It got lost...

The dealership I bought it from said they'll reimburse me for the repair, but the Lotus service center I spoke to was unsure of the price. Does anyone here know the make and model of the headunit? I know the speakers are Alpine. Thanks guys, I'll post pix once I wax it :)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hi everybody!

I just got my 2007 Exige S and the head unit (radio) faceplate is missing! :panic: It got lost...

The dealership I bought it from said they'll reimburse me for the repair, but the Lotus service center I spoke to was unsure of the price. Does anyone here know the make and model of the headunit? I know the speakers are Alpine. Thanks guys, I'll post pix once I wax it :)
My head unit is an Alpine CDA-9820XM

I also received the manual for the head unit, and the iPod adapter with my paperwork from the dealer... did they lose that too? :huh:

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, Alpine head units and faceplates are "matched", i.e. to reduce the incentive to steal faceplates, you can't just swap faceplates. They may have to replace the entire head unit.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch :)
That was fast!

That may be the same one in my dad's Elise. If it is, I'll do a simple jam-it-in-there test and let y'all know the results. I have the ipod connector as well as the ass end of the unit. I have a feeling you're right about the mated face plates, but I may also shoot Alpine an email to see the replacement cost.

For now, I'm happy listening to the supercharger... :D

See pix thread for pix :shift:

Edit: I was gonna post in the other section, but it clearly reads
"Has Your New Elise Just Been Delivered? Post Your New Elise Pictures Here"
;)

I'll just make a thread in the Exige section then :p

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Did you check everywhere in the boot? It could have slid around, under the carpet or behind something...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer said "I was gonna call you about that" when I called him and asked. Apparently, the owner and dealership can't locate it. The dealership is paying for the replacement, but I'm trying to find out if there's anything Alpine can do to save them money. They apparently thought I was going to buy a $150 head unit and do it myself or something rotfl

...On my brand new car that I just paid up for. They weren't too keen on the idea when I told them I'd have Lotus do it, so I'm gonna try and find the best way to price it. Either getting Alpine to get me a new face plate that will work, buying a unit from Alpine, or having Lotus replace and install the unit.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called Alpine, they confirmed that model number and said that the face plates are interchangable. The part is $101.55 with shipping. YAY!

:clap:
:nanner:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Called Alpine, they confirmed that model number and said that the face plates are interchangable. The part is $101.55 with shipping. YAY!

:clap:
:nanner:
Am I missing something here? Why wouldn't your dealer just order one from the parts department? :shrug:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer is not a Lotus dealership, they move cars that have been repo'd I think. They asked me to get it fixed and charge them, so that's what I did. I don't really trust people enough when it comes to getting the right model #, parts, etc...

All I have to do is send em an invoice and wait for a check, and snap the thing in when I get it. No complaints.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a bunch guys! Especially APK, for the model number. The face plate just came in and seems to work perfectly :D

I wonder if leaving it off was intentional, the speakers sound shot, especially on mid-range and mid-bass (just rattling noise). I wonder if the last owner blew the cones :mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping new speakers are covered under warranty. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thanks a bunch guys! Especially APK, for the model number. The face plate just came in and seems to work perfectly :D
You're welcome :wave:

I wonder if leaving it off was intentional, the speakers sound shot, especially on mid-range and mid-bass (just rattling noise). I wonder if the last owner blew the cones :mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping new speakers are covered under warranty. :rolleyes:
:tadts:

When I drove my car home from the dealer, I thought my speakers were shot too... they just suck.

1) Replace your speakers, especially the front 4" ones (you can put 5 1/4" speakers in there with these: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-adaptor-rings-5-1-4-front-speaker-install-51439/)

2) A power amp helps...

3) A subwoofer helps even more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts