The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hi everybody!

I just got my 2007 Exige S and the head unit (radio) faceplate is missing! :panic: It got lost...

The dealership I bought it from said they'll reimburse me for the repair, but the Lotus service center I spoke to was unsure of the price. Does anyone here know the make and model of the headunit? I know the speakers are Alpine. Thanks guys, I'll post pix once I wax it :)
My head unit is an Alpine CDA-9820XM

I also received the manual for the head unit, and the iPod adapter with my paperwork from the dealer... did they lose that too? :huh:

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, Alpine head units and faceplates are "matched", i.e. to reduce the incentive to steal faceplates, you can't just swap faceplates. They may have to replace the entire head unit.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thanks a bunch guys! Especially APK, for the model number. The face plate just came in and seems to work perfectly :D
You're welcome :wave:

I wonder if leaving it off was intentional, the speakers sound shot, especially on mid-range and mid-bass (just rattling noise). I wonder if the last owner blew the cones :mad::mad::mad:

I'm hoping new speakers are covered under warranty. :rolleyes:
:tadts:

When I drove my car home from the dealer, I thought my speakers were shot too... they just suck.

1) Replace your speakers, especially the front 4" ones (you can put 5 1/4" speakers in there with these: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-adaptor-rings-5-1-4-front-speaker-install-51439/)

2) A power amp helps...

3) A subwoofer helps even more...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.