The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now accepting deposits:

Really Light Stuff(TM) today announces its "plug n' play" intercooler upgrade for the Exige S.

The benchmark for the performance of the Really Light Stuff(TM) Intercooler was the OEM intercooler on the Exige Cup car.

You can use your stock intercooler pipes / tubes (but why would you, when you can use the Really Light Stuff(TM) Tubes?...)

The RLS Intercooler uses the same mounting points as the Exige Cup intercooler. Order your RLS Intercooler in either plain aluminum, clear anodized, or black anodized. If you are using, or plan to use water/methanol injection (available separately or as a bundle) the RLS Intercooler is availalbe with an optimally located bung for the water/methanol injectoin nozzle. Also, be sure to order a set of Really Light Stuff(TM) Tubes (get rid of those nasty cast aluminum anchors) with integrated IAT sensor bung, opimally located downstream of the water/methanol injection nozzle: $245 in plain aluminum, $275 in clear anodized or black anodized finish.

The RLS Intercooler: lighter than going air-to-water. Compared to the stock Exige S intercooler: lower pressure loss, higher pumping efficiency for your supercharger, lower intake air temperatures, better heat transfer, stock looks.

Estimated time of delivery: less than 30 days. Deposit: $100 (refundable).

Lotus charges about $2,100 for their Cup intercooler. The RLS Intercooler is priced at $1,380 plus shipping. Subtract $100 if you don't require anodizing.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
For us 06 guys with a super charger do we need to buy the inlet and out let pieces from lotus to make this fit.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a teaser, can't give you price yet. Sheesh!

Really Light Stuff(TM) makes the tubes, yes. (Assuming your supercharger is configured like the OEM Exige S).

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What improvement to an S240? I want to touch myself, too.
All that I can disclose at this time is that it is at least equal in performance to the Cup car's intercooler.

Signing off for now... don't teases drive you nuts? :crazyeyes ;)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
waiting patiently.

But want to know how long i have to do so....:(

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The price, and the wait itself, are not as great as you might imagine.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts