The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my car to NA so my stock 2007 Exige S supercharger is up for sale:

$2000 Exige S Supercharger M62 with Intake Manifold & brackets
$750 RLS Cup IC
$400 Stock IC
$175 RC 550
$100 RLS IC tubes
$50 2.5" Pully
$50 2.9" Pully
$50 3.0" Pully
$50 3.2" Pully
$100 Cable Throttle body

With this setup I was able to put out 287 wHP @ 120 IAT and 260 wHP at 160 IAT.

Rob.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
would this work on a 2006 exige?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
would this work on a 2006 exige?
It should work in any 2ZZ Lotus provided you tune the ECU for it.

The power I made (287 wHP) was with EFI ECU on lower compression Mahle 9:1 pistons, if you are staying with stock piston's then I'd recommend using the 3.2" or 3.0" pully.

Out of the parts listed the minimum you would want is:

M62 Supercharge & Manifold & brackets
Stock Intercooler (IC)
If you have 440 stock Injectors that will work with 3.2 or 3.0 pully, 550's are better if you plan to go with smaller pully (2.9" - 2.5")
RLS IC tubes

So about $2550 + whatever you pay for a tune

Rob.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To All,

Trying to sell as a complete Kit first ... I'll sell individual parts after 1-2 weeks "air time".

Forgot to mention the RLS IC comes with the RLS 3 chamber shroud (early prototype but works well, just not as nice looking as their current ones).

Rob

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Please put me 2nd inline for the IC if the kit sale doesnt work out.

·
Registered
601 Posts
"It should work in any 2ZZ Lotus provided you tune the ECU for it."
Only Exige , the IC setup won't work in an Elise.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
PM'ed for supercharger setup

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You'll need to relocate or remove the charcoal canister, you'll need to funnel the roof scoop for a non exige S, you'll need the exige s dipstick, and the exige s breather tube or I think you can run BOE block off plates but I'm not sure on that one.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Exiged--do you know if there's a good write up for that conversion? thx.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're turning an exige s into NA? Why?
This is a project that I'm working on with Kris @ DRS to promote NA power in the Lotus. I've always been partial to NA power and I was using the SC for quick, cheap, easy HP/TQ.

The timing was right (I was replacing my head gasket and going to freshen up my motor) to go with NA, but this time around leaving the engine build process to someone with vastly more experience than I -- aka Kris.

The SC market is pretty crowded but not as many folks are focusing on NA power for the Lotus ... so I think it's a good place to establish the viability of NA power in street and race applications. A light weight Lotus is a great platform for NA and I hope that we (Kris and I) can impress it's potential.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exiged--do you know if there's a good write up for that conversion? thx.
Yes - to all interested in the SC, please do gather up information about how to perform the conversion ... I haven't done a conversion from NA to SC so I don't know the details.

From what Exiged has indicated I wouldn't consider his items a big deal, but everyone's expectations and mechanical abilities will vary. I hate to use the term "plug and play" and rarely is anything that way, but what I'm selling is "As Is" and conversion issues are up to the buyer. I'll provide assistance as much as I can, but I've never performed a NA to SC conversion. But I will be learning how to do a SC to NA conversion :)

Cheers, Rob.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Assume you are keeping the 2zz engine given what you said (freshen up the motor) or will you do a swap? At some point if my engine goes, I am thinking of putting in the Audi turbo powerplant.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yes - to all interested in the SC, please do gather up information about how to perform the conversion ... I haven't done a conversion from NA to SC so I don't know the details.

From what Exiged has indicated I wouldn't consider his items a big deal, but everyone's expectations and mechanical abilities will vary. I hate to use the term "plug and play" and rarely is anything that way, but what I'm selling is "As Is" and conversion issues are up to the buyer. I'll provide assistance as much as I can, but I've never performed a NA to SC conversion. But I will be learning how to do a SC to NA conversion :)

Cheers, Rob.
Well said Rob! I sold my factory sc kit and supplied the parts I listed so it should get the buyer pretty close. I don't know that there is a write up on doing the swap but I'm sure some California guys would be interested for a smog " legal" sc swap

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Thanks. I'll check that out!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts