The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, despite a lot of mentions regarding the "07 new Exige S is a better deal than the used ones", I see no pricing regarding this.

Does anyone know how much of a discount I can get for the Exige S, and how much does the car generally go for? I'm located in Southern California.

V/R

·
Banned
874 Posts
brand new 2007 Exige S goes for around 50K

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Which is a better deal as I paid more than 50k for a used 07 Exige S about 6 months ago from a dealer. Shop around. Deals are out there. I didn't shop, lol. It was an impulse buy. :D

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Going in this week to my nearest dealer to talk about pricing on an 07 S, so this is (sort of :p) helpful.
Obligatory welcome aboard pic:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
brand new 2007 Exige S goes for around 50K
Where? Which dealers?

The best deals I found a few months ago were $10K off MSRP at two dealerships on both coasts.

For example, Criswell has a base Exige S going for $54K (down from $64K) which only had Starshield and metallic paint. Without those options, it would have been round $52K. That means, you've found a dealership giving a base car with a $12K discount. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know which dealers are offering $12K off!

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I was looking to buy an Exige S, I came across GP Imports in Portland... low $50K. And both of cars are totally loaded. Best deal that I came across on a new car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
When I was looking to buy an Exige S, I came across GP Imports in Portland... low $50K. And both of cars are totally loaded. Best deal that I came across on a new car.
The price listed on their web site is just under $59K. Did they offer you low $50K when you spoke to them?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Just so you'll know, those cars are used and the next buyer will be the 3rd owner...We had them take the new and full warranty off their advertisement as it was false advertising.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had talked to 'em about 1 1/2 ago. They did tell me that they bought the cars from another dealership on west cost. The cars have "15" & "41" miles according to their website and that hardly constitutes a used car. Their warranty might have been started but then again if you get a good price then so be it. :shrug:

2007 Used Lotus Exige S at Gran Prix Imports - Lamborghini Portland, OR | Panoz, Spyker - Vehicle Details
2007 Used Lotus Exige S at Gran Prix Imports - Lamborghini Portland, OR | Panoz, Spyker - Vehicle Details

If the car is OK then I won't mind being the 5th owner!

Many dealerships still have unsold 07 Exige S and they cannot keep asking for $60K for too long as '09 is just around the corner. I'm not trying to devalue a car that I own but it is what it is!

Just my two cents.

Logan I'll send you an PM. :wave:

Disclaimer: I've no affiliation with any dealership and as I matter of fact I live in Texas. Just trying to help out a fellow enthusiast.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I had talked to 'em about 1 1/2 ago. They did tell me that they bought the cars from another dealership on west cost. The cars have "15" & "41" miles according to their website and that hardly constitutes a used car. Their warranty might have been started but then again if you get a good price then so be it. :shrug:

If the car is OK then I won't mind being the 5th owner!

Many dealerships still have unsold 07 Exige S and they cannot keep asking for $60K for too long as '09 is just around the corner. I'm not trying to devalue a car that I own but it is what it is!

Just my two cents.

Logan I'll send you an PM. :wave:

Disclaimer: I've no affiliation with any dealership and as I matter of fact I live in Texas. Just trying to help out a fellow enthusiast.
CK,

You might want to give them a call as I remember they sold (3).

Also, due to franchise agreements, Lotus dealers aren't allowed to advertise with price unless it's at MSRP however, that doesn't stop some from trying.

I'll have an update on MY09 cars by end of month.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts