The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Exige S owners :):

Do you gents (and ladies) have any major issues dealing with the lack or rear visibility? Many people say they don't care, since they are going faster than others, but let's be practical... I'm sure the huge intercooler blocking the view is an issue time to time.

I am continuing to play with the idea of getting one more Lotus, and as soon as I get the parking space issue resolved, I am going to pull the trigger -- I have four cars right now, and have a three-car garage... I don't want to keep another car outside.

I sat in a couple of Exige S before (haven't driven one yet), and the intercooler definetely blocked the view.

What's your thoughts? Any near-misses due to lack of visibility? Got cameras? How effective are they?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

/s/ "Need-to-know-what's-behind-my-butt"

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have a rear view camera and rarely use it, mostly just for backing up.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a rear view camera and rarely use it, mostly just for backing up.
How's the quality of camera & display? Good enough to see what's behind you?

How is it setup? Camera on the license plate frame, and a display on the stereo system? What kind of camera? I see Alpine IVA-D100 in your signature line. How's the quality of the screen?

Thanks in advance. :up:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I hate to do this, but :thwack:

Search is your friend... this topic has been thoroughly discussed. There are basically four solutions:

1) Adjust your mirrors to see as much of the car's blind spots as possible
2) Get multivex mirrors... their curvature eliminates almost all blind spots
3) Rear view camera
4) Buy an Elise

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
For me, I like to look forward/up rather than down as that's what I'm naturally inclined to do when looking into a RV mirror, so I mounted mine where (or slightly above) the former RV mirrow was.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me, I like to look forward/up rather than down as that's what I'm naturally inclined to do when looking into a RV mirror, so I mounted mine where (or slightly above) the former RV mirrow was.
what kind of display is that? that is a nice setup. :up:

is there a display that looks like the rear-view mirror? i know there are rear-view mirrors with small display embedded in them, but wanted to get a large quality display that can be installed where the rear-view mirror is.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts