The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a silly video today, because I was bored. For people on the fence, wondering about decatting + no exhaust, this video contains all you'll need to expect.

·
2006 Exige
751 Posts
The ear muffs on the floor say it all.

I don't think I could live with it in my daily driven Exige, but it sure does sound awesome. Maybe if I had a switch to go back and forth...

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I drove with a straight pipe with the stock cat when my car was new for about a year or so. It was ridiculously loud (but the tone was excellent) and put up videos long ago. I had to drive with earplugs. I would not recommend such an exhaust especially mated with a decat.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want this! It would be nice to have it quiet and loud when I choose. :cool: Maybe I will do it.

Absolutely stunning car and sound amazing :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you!

The ear muffs on the floor say it all.

I don't think I could live with it in my daily driven Exige, but it sure does sound awesome. Maybe if I had a switch to go back and forth...
Yep... soundproof headphones + earplugs inside. Worked good on 1200+ miles road trip. If I didn't have them, it would have been rough. Around town its not so bad, but after a few hours... blah.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That is sick sounding :bow: maybe a bit too much for me but electrical cutouts would be cool. Gotta love FL if you're into hot rodding with no emissions tests or annual vehicle inspections. They have no state income tax or personal property tax either!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,422 Posts
The exhaust cutouts are an old hot-rodder item, at least that is where I learned of them. Drive to the strip, or empty road outside of town, and open up the exhaust. The old style was just a few bolts that held a plate on the Y tube, but you had to wait for it to cool or try not to burn yourself. New fancy technology has made them electric. I think there are several options and most mail order catalogs (Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) carry them. No idea if there is much room to install in the Lotus or what size pipe they are offered in.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I want this. No, I need this. Do y'all know anyone who sells? I know I could have one made locally, but it would be much more convenient if I can order somewhere.

I currently have a BOE Quarterstick and a BOE ST-5 (for use at Laguna), I'm a BOE fan boy, but I want straight pipe for Thunderhill.

I'm thinking three different exhausts for three different tracks.

Help a brother out. Please and thank you.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I want this. No, I need this. Do y'all know anyone who sells? I know I could have one made locally, but it would be much more convenient if I can order somewhere.

I currently have a BOE Quarterstick and a BOE ST-5 (for use at Laguna), I'm a BOE fan boy, but I want straight pipe for Thunderhill.

I'm thinking three different exhausts for three different tracks.

Help a brother out. Please and thank you.
I think you'd need to have it custom made. I doubt anyone makes one for an Elige.

An electric cutout would give you the straight pipe sound (maybe even louder). When closed you'd get the sound note of what exhaust you have installed.

I have Z06 mufflers on my C6. I have a wireless controller that allows me to go from two muffled exhaust tips to four tips (two muffled and two straight through). I have the controller mounted next to my shifter. In less than a second I can go from loud to stock. It has saved me many a ticket.

If you had something similar you could avoid switching exhausts. You'd have the wide open pipes scenario (electric cutout), mild sound (two tips muffled) and loud sound (two muffled and two straight through).

San

·
Registered
327 Posts
**** that is loud!! Sounds great but clearly would have you on the wrong side of the law pretty quickly in most places. Are the stock headers still retained?

Is the BOE quarter stick loud? I want something loud so that people hear you before they see you (not from the moon like the OPs car) and BOE QS seems to be the loudest muffler out there?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's got the stock headers, snorkel and paper filter.

Frank, it cost $100 to have a muffler shop do it. just arrive there with your old exhaust off and have them slide a pipe on to your cat pipe. They will bend the exit however you want it, and I'm sure they'll have plenty of exhaust tips to choose from! I did a big tip to match the big diffuser and keep the flames away from the car. Lastly, all they have to do is weld the two support rods on and put them in the rubber exhaust hangar.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Where are the FF headers available from? I have a stage II twin tip but it rattles at low revs so I think it's toast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts