The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a strange electrical noise when I turn the key ON.

Watch my video by clicking on the link above and let me know if your car do that as well.

Thanks everybody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gq42FrSSE4

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it could be the fuel pump may be.... Thats a possibility...

But am I the only to have that sound on his car ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's the hydraulic system for your F1 transmission pre-pressurizing.... Oooops. Wrong marque.

Could it be the water recirculation pump? I've not listened for mine, so am not certain what it may sound like. But that would be my first guess.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Doesn't sound like the fuel pump priming to me. That's a steady mid-range whine that only lasts about 4 seconds, then stops, when it's operating properly. Yours sounds much higher-pitched and it's continuous. Does it stop when you start the engine? Any CELs?

Tom

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I start the engine it is difficult to me to tell you if the sound is still there....

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Can you pinpoint the source of the sound with a few feet of water hose held up to your hear and moved around the engine bay?

·
shay2nak
25,000 Posts
yeah, mine does this. It's normal. I had a thread on it when I was trying to remove my ECU to send for Gotham reflash and no one answered. It's coming from the ECU, its sounds like it's registering data or something. Don't worry about it, dude. (This is my 2nd ECU, and both have made the noise) I had never noticed it before because the key is in the ignition and the electrics are on. You don't typically step outside to look in the motor at that point, you start the car.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah actually I was thinking that it might be coming from the ECU but wasnt sure at all.

How come ? The ECU is working really hard on a Lotus if that is normal rotfl ?

In fact I'm really happy to heard that your car do that also guys.

Thanks. I feel better by now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts