Discussion Starter #1

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I think he's probably over 50 kilos....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I laughed hysterically the first time i noticed that handle in my trunk, and could only imagine it ever actually being used.

If a kid were to crawl into my trunk and somehow lock himself in, Finding a way out of it will be the least of his worries when I find out how he got in there!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I'm glad that latch is there. My kids use the latch to get out. Otherwise I'd have to unlock the boot every time. I have 5 kids and only one can fit in the passenger compartment at a time. Well, sometimes we stuff the baby in the foot well instead of the boot.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
and that's bureaucracy for ya folks!
no matter how ridiculous, a rule's a rule.

·
Registered
807 Posts
that couldn't be a real picture of that dood in the trunk, could it? where are his legs? unless he left them back in 'Nam. i don't know if i could fit even one thigh, let alone a buttcheek...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that couldn't be a real picture of that dood in the trunk, could it? where are his legs? unless he left them back in 'Nam. i don't know if i could fit even one thigh, let alone a buttcheek...
Lieutenant Dan maybe?

·
Registered
460 Posts
The warning on the P-side sun visor...

Sun visor.jpg

... is clearly the reason you need this escape toggle in the boot of an Exige S. After all the visor warns you to not put your infant child or child under 12 in the p-side front seat. They might die!

Soooo where to put the kid...

got to be someplace where that bundle of joy will be safe....

hmmm...let's see....

front seat is too dangerous....

Hey I KNOW!! Let's put the kid in the boot!

Afterall that's not the front seat (which is clearly too dangerous) and it's kind of like a rumble seat if you keep the engine cover up, and a rumble seat is like a back seat....

I bet it'll be OK to put a rear facing child seat in there too. Bolt a few tie down locations to the rear frame and then strap it all down real good and you are set. :clap::clap::clap:

Added benefit, when the kid has a dirty diaper:eek:, you won't smell it! :coolnana:

This going to be my next mod.:drool:

I'll send pictures when it is done.
rotflrotflrotfl

Nothing quite like BIG BROTHER keeping us safe and warm in a dangerous and cold world created by our own stupidity.:no:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Didn't any of you watch Speed Racer? The kid and the chimp love to hide in the trunk.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few stupid Darwin Award candidate children lock themselves inside an Elise or Exige trunk after watching that movie.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
That is so the trunk monkey can do his thing without you having to get out and release him.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm glad that latch is there. My kids use the latch to get out.
I had this problem too, so I removed the handle. After the effort required to get 'em in there, the last thing you want is for them to get out, it seems to me.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I had this problem too, so I removed the handle. After the effort required to get 'em in there, the last thing you want is for them to get out, it seems to me.
Bahahahahahhahahahahaha!
Post of the week!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think that guy exceeds the max weight capacity...

Interested to know how a regulation like that came along?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think that guy exceeds the max weight capacity...

Interested to know how a regulation like that came along?
Things like kids playing hide-and-seek and hiding in the trunk and not being able to get out who aren't found until it's too late. Secondarily, I would think that it could come in handy for kidnapping victims.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
That's not a trunk release.

That's the parachute deployment handle.

Your Lotus should come with a little British person named Digby in the trunk who pulls it.

If you didn't get Digby, call your dealer.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That's not a trunk release.

That's the parachute deployment handle.

Your Lotus should come with a little British person named Digby in the trunk who pulls it.

If you didn't get Digby, call your dealer.
That was funny. :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's the "Trunk Monkey" release.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkZcG_pgp0Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkZcG_pgp0Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts