The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across an 2015 Exige V6 automatic and would like to know if it is possible to swap to manual.
I assume aside from the parts, the ECU will need to be changed as well? How difficult of job would this be?
Anyone try this before? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
W

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I've done manual swaps on other models of cars - biggest thing I encountered was making sure I had all the parts needed - manual trans, flywheel, clutch, master/slave cylinders and lines, pedals, a few wiring changes, and axles maybe? As for ECU, I was able to use the auto ecu and remove the auto control box. I personally have no experience with the Exige V6 Roadster with the auto (wasn't sold in my country) so I have no clue if they have a separate control module for the auto trans for not or if the ecu expects responses from the trans to prevent going into a limp mode... (the cars I did the swaps on were 93 rx7s and the ecu didn't care if the auto trans and controller were gone... but newer cars may have issues, i just dont know)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. It's hard to get information on Exige V6 as there is no official dealer where I am at either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I am looking at a car that is in Asia. Unfortunately I am unable to source a manual. The importer for the country only brought in automatics. They probably got a discount on them as they are all 2015 and many of them are new. I think this car may share the same set up as the Evora since they use the same engine and rear end basically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts