The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday Guys,

Ive been looking at K20a conversion kits for the Exige ...

The ones i found all seem to list only for Exige S1, Elise S1 and S2 ...

If they fit Elise S2 why not list Exige S2 ? arnt they the same engine layout ?

Anyways if anyone can forward a Link to were i can purchase a DIY kit that would be great ...

Cheers
Anthony

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anthony, they fit Rover-engined S2, not Toyota-engined cars.

One 211 race car has been converted to Honda but that was a one-off and much easier than an Exige.

You would be better off re-flashing your ECU to a Charlie-X Gotham tune. They are almost as quick as a supercharged K20a Elise/Exige.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks for that ...

Ive searched high and low and realised there all for rover models ....

Ill just keep moving forward with the 2zz ...

Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mark at MD Automotive is looking at a kit for the s2. Basically, you could have a 2 or 2.4 Honda with huge HP... if the demand is there he will go forward. There are only a few things to work out as he had an s2 in the shop at the same time he made everything for the s1. The S1 has over 600bhp per ton!

Gather the interest and he can make it happen. Also, he is as nice as he is talented. He has an awesome Rotrex and 2.4 options ready to go. He works with the best in the business and has his own dyno etc-everything is top notch. All the guys from the magazenes get their cars worked on at his place.

I told him that he should do an s2 kit but he needs to know the level of interest...let him know there is demand and he will hook you guys up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I thought you said that you were in the midst of building some 400bhp turbocharged 2ZZ? What's the story with that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gday Guys,

Ive been looking at K20a conversion kits for the Exige ...

The ones i found all seem to list only for Exige S1, Elise S1 and S2 ...

If they fit Elise S2 why not list Exige S2 ? arnt they the same engine layout ?

Anyways if anyone can forward a Link to were i can purchase a DIY kit that would be great ...

Cheers
Anthony

Ask Choi0706... he was looking into it for me

I believe here in the US you can get a kit for about $10k (wiring, brackets, etc)

Then you'd of course need a front end clip from an rsx type-s or something like that..

Rotrex blower on that would be sweet 400ish whp moderate reliable tune

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is no ''if'' i am ... I actually DO what i say not dream like most ...

The point is i want to buy a mounting kit now for the future as im sure im going to have gearbox problems and a few other issues ... The Honda K20a is were i want to be in the future for a bullett proof setup....

If there is a kit available ill buy it now so i have it instock and can slowly get the supporting mods together over time ..

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
That link lists the 2ZZ Elise as having the following performance specs:

Fuel Consumption: 21.3mpg
Cornering: 0.87g

Is that dude on crack?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That link lists the 2ZZ Elise as having the following performance specs:

Fuel Consumption: 21.3mpg
Cornering: 0.87g

Is that dude on crack?
But with the Honda engine it corners >1g, I guess because of the 30 pound weight difference :crazyeyes

·
Registered
466 Posts
CUP_240 said:
There is no ''if'' i am ... I actually DO what i say not dream like most ... The point is i want to buy a mounting kit now for the future as im sure im going to have gearbox problems and a few other issues ... The Honda K20a is were i want to be in the future for a bullett proof setup....
LoL

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ask Choi0706... he was looking into it for me

I believe here in the US you can get a kit for about $10k (wiring, brackets, etc)

Then you'd of course need a front end clip from an rsx type-s or something like that..

Rotrex blower on that would be sweet 400ish whp moderate reliable tune
i called a guy in fl, i'm in new york, he qutoe me with shipping 8500, told me comes with engine as well, told him i didnt need it cause i have a k24a8 stock accord motor 06 and i put together a k24a1 block cr-v with a k20a2 head rsx type-s, told me its comes with it, i chould get it with out the engine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts