The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Evo article of the Exige S2 Vs pretty much the best sports cars in the world. For your pleasure. The Noble in the line up is a M400 and was not a production ready car (suspension was still being developed) caused quite a stink between the author and Noble as he was supposed to take this into account for the review. A good read nonetheless. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Great article, thanks. I love the exige even more than I love the elise:(

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
_JD_ said:
Nice article Derek, so have you decided if you're getting the Elise or the Noble?:D
The Elise, I'm not sure about service for the Noble. But who knows... A 3R may be in my not too distant future. It’s hard to deny the combination of lightweight, power and handling that the Noble offers.

·
shay2nak
25,037 Posts
cool! thanks, homie!! :clap:

·
Registered
985 Posts
cool, thanks for sharing!

Guess I'll have to upgrade the suspension on my GT3 to RS specs now!

FWIW a lot of the bobbing and weaving at the track in the GT3 can be eliminated by changing to the Pilot Sport Cup tires, they completely transform the car, it is as if you have a whole new suspension set up. I have never felt such a huge difference in a car's handling by just swapping tires.

I finally cancelled my Elsie deposit after hearing I wouldn't see the car till Christmas at the earliest. After 4 months with my GT3 I'm smitten, and there's no going back! (next stop is a Radical!)

·
Registered
120 Posts
GT3 RS Kicks major ass!! The GT3 is my fav Porsche ever. Any chance that the Exige rear wing will be available after marekt for the US Elise?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
RareAir23 said:
GT3 RS Kicks major ass!! The GT3 is my fav Porsche ever. Any chance that the Exige rear wing will be available after marekt for the US Elise?
You would also need to add the front splitter to re-tune the front and rear downforce. Also, the Exige's rear hatch is quite different from the Elise's enigne cover, so the mounting would require some creativity to work properly. The Exige has bumpers mounted below the wing struts on the underside of the engine cover which transfer the load down into the chassis, and a strut to support the extra weight of the wing when you open the engine cover. The wing actually adds a fair amount of weight, all high up on the car.

That's alot of work to add something that is of questionable benefit to real performance, not to mention illegal for most racing classes...

·
Registered
788 Posts
On Seloc there were comments, albeit subjective, from those watching an S2 Exige from behind on a track, that the wing had quite a bit of movement and flex at speed. Not sure if this effects its downforce much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts