The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I just got this exige and when I was the car or drive on a colder night these headlamps fog up quickly. I own a 2005 elise and this never happens . This car is 2008 and 1,500 miles is like new... Anybody have same experience?

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
My 07' exige does this too... And I only have 4k miles. It goes away when the weather warms up.

I'm sure a bit of RTV along the edges could help but mine only fog in the corners a little so I never bothered looking into it further.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It just seems funny that my early 2005 elise doesn't have this problem but my 2008 has this problem ? Seem like build quality would improve not decline over the years..

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I believe the 05/06 are not sealed. This may allow more air to vent them. 07 on they are sealed! My car doesn't fog up when I drive anymore, but when I wash it they fog up for about a minute only.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
My 08 headlights have 'venting slit' at the bottom towards the front.
I believe it's for 'draining' the vapor/water out of the headlights. So, it's not about sealed headlights with poor build quality. It's more about designing with the problem in mind and working around it rather than fixing the issue or one of those 'good enough, why fix it' mentality some Lotus designers have.

·
Registered
216 Posts
one of mine fogs, but the other doesn't. a common fix is to bake the headlight and either leave it like that, or open it and reseal it with silicone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts