The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
The title says it all. Comparing a 08 Exige S 240 vs an 07 Exige S, since the 07 has an intercooler.
:huh:. They both have an intercooler and the same engine but different tunes.

Unless you are talking about the Exige A 240, then I haven't a clue.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
From what I understand, the S 240 is the same (engine wise) as the '07 "S" other than a more aggresive ecu tune. Therefore, unless you care about launch control or the other minor changes (listed elsewhere on this forum), you'd be better off gettin a used '07 (I'm guessing that's why you're asking...you're contemplating a purchase?) and having Charliex or ForcedFed due their own tune/ upgrades. You'd end up with more power and probably more money in your pocket when it was all said and done.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
s240 has bigger injectors, beefier clutch, larger brakes(4pistons in the front), variable TC, launch control... if you are gonna go for an aftermarket SC/Turbo setup tho I would skip even the 07 and go for an 06

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
s240 has bigger injectors, beefier clutch, larger brakes(4pistons in the front), variable TC, launch control... if you are gonna go for an aftermarket SC/Turbo setup tho I would skip even the 07 and go for an 06
Did someone say 06...anyone anyone...Bueller Bueller?
:panic:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I usually upgrade to the new models, haven't seen a lot in the 08 that makes me want to trade in the 07, powerwise i'm pretty happy there too, though i would like to stop a bit quicker, but that alone isn't worth the 30-20K or so trade in depreciation.

·
Registered
431 Posts
^^^ +1

However, if Lotus comes out with a more HP Exige for '09 around the 260 mark then it might be worth it. ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I usually upgrade to the new models, haven't seen a lot in the 08 that makes me want to trade in the 07, powerwise i'm pretty happy there too, though i would like to stop a bit quicker, but that alone isn't worth the 30-20K or so trade in depreciation.
Charlie, would you be able to squeeze anymore HP out of the 240 than an 07 Exige S with an ECU tune? Assuming I would be going with the Gotham 265, should I just go with an 07 Exige S, considering only HP and not the other changes/upgrades in the 08 S 240? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
i cant see why the 08 240 would get more hp than the 07, the 240 should be able to take the same upgrades as the 07 does and vice versa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts