The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the 06 Elise and moved to the S260, ordered this week. Not always worried whose following but would like to see what is behind when I backup. Any suggestions for cameras?:crazyeyes

·
Registered
787 Posts
I use a wireless on the Diasio. The lens is 12 volt and sends a wireless signal to the monitor. You can get them on Ebay

G

·
Here is what I did

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/great-rear-view-mirror-solution-mini-monitor-33216/

Word of caution...

Many of the cameras, including the one I chose have a wide field of view and the magnifcation is off. so the view in the monitor is not like what you see in the rear view mirror (i.e., cars appear farther away then they actually are).

Also, those with low-light sensitivity can get blinded (whited out) at night with headlights pointing at them.

I don't use mine any longer.

I just bought some multivex mirrors for the sides, and I'm good!

Q

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Multivex mirrors....cheapest & best solution

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have adjusted to the lack of any rear view in the 260. With my 2006 Exige - there was some visability. With my 07 Exige S - there was very little. With my 09 - it is blocked off and nothing. But after growing through these variations, I have adjusted and am very cautious. Since there is no rear view mirror in the 260 - there is better visibility in front.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
+1 for Multivex. I had a backup camera but I took it off because because the Multivex worked great and the camera I had didn't' work all that well

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I use an Audiovox wireless. Works great for what I want it for. As stated, it does not replace a rearview mirror, as you get more of a fisheye effect and poor depth perception. But you can tell what is directly behind you when backing up, you know if there is a kid or dog back there, or if you're getting ready to back into a curb.

Also, completely removes blind spots on sides of cars.

Had the drawbacks mentioned, but works great for my application.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used a JVC KD-AVX44 head unit and a JVC KV-CM1KD ultra compact camera.check out their website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yo

I fitted one from Maplin to my normal S2 Exige, its usefull but ni sense of depth.

I'd like it on permanently, any idea what I can wire into at the back to have it on all the time.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yo

I fitted one from Maplin to my normal S2 Exige, its usefull but ni sense of depth.

I'd like it on permanently, any idea what I can wire into at the back to have it on all the time.

Thanks

John
What's awesome is that JVC's website shows an Elise on the display for this unit:

JVC Mobile Entertainment \ KD-AVX44J - KD-AVX44J \ Introduction

I'm looking for a backup camera too--I have the multivex but they can't show what's immediately behind and below and I'm always nervous something's going to come into my path from the other mirror's direction that I'm looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts