The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a few items using search, but some info seem's to be either outdated or doesn't apply to a S260.

Purchasing a 2009 S260 sport. Keeping all of the drive-line components stock, how much more HP could be squeezed out of the car?

Smaller pulleys, new tunes, etc...

I understand generally the components power limits of the car would be firstly trans -> engine internals -> supercharger?

How far would you "push" a S260 without large money being involved?

What would you/have you done to get there?

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
whats large money? why do you want more hp?

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
Speed= $ How fast do you want to go ?

I am thinking without a new blower et al package your probably gonna max out around 270whp more or less.

I think I know what your saying without going to a built motor level.

I have a 07 220S. I am laying down approx 260-280whp.

I would have to build both the motor and transmission to handle more I think ? I am kind to my transmission in the lower gears when in the second cam. I just think of % of throttle open and I don't flog it in lower gears. I am sure it would be fun for awhile, most likely a short while until the motor deals the tranmission a hand it can't handle...

With the age old path of, smaller pulley,tune, larger fuel pump, bigger injectors etc. that is what I have achieved.

All I can say I would not call the route "inexpensive" and I did most of the work myself...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats large money? why do you want more hp?
For keeping everything at a "stock" base, I'd say less than 5 grand if able. Still talking under 300 WHP would be my goal as I know above that you definitely need to do the big ticket items all around.

Speed= $ How fast do you want to go ?

I am thinking without a new blower et al package your probably gonna max out around 270whp more or less.

I think I know what your saying without going to a built motor level.

I have a 07 220S. I am laying down approx 260-280whp.

I would have to build both the motor and transmission to handle more I think ? I am kind to my transmission in the lower gears when in the second cam. I just think of % of throttle open and I don't flog it in lower gears. I am sure it would be fun for awhile, most likely a short while until the motor deals the tranmission a hand it can't handle...

With the age old path of, smaller pulley,tune, larger fuel pump, bigger injectors etc. that is what I have achieved.

All I can say I would not call the route "inexpensive" and I did most of the work myself...
That is a nice gain over stock WHP. Probably where I would want to be at around ~300-310 at the crank sounds reasonable. Could you go into specifics like pulley size and was it a canned/e-tune and if so by whom?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Probably around 280 WHP with tune, 2.9" pulley, larger IC, fuel pump, injectors, headers, decat exhaust. Depending on how you're planning on driving the car, I'd highly recommend the essential track support mods (oil pan, surge tank, catch can, etc...) too. Also, the stock SC setup isn't very good at managing heat; even with a bigger IC and ducting, you'll notice a drop in power after a few laps on hot days.

The stuff I listed above is what I had in my S240 before I blew the transmission. It lasted about 25 open lapping / TT track days. Your mileage may vary. Some people get more use out of their gears at higher power, some destroy it at stock.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
Everything Vladski stated.

I am employing BOE Torque300 tune. I also believe keeping vehicle at high state tune constantly going over it... like I was Motarded...

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Contact BOE Phil, ask him about the recipe!

Small pulley = shorter life. Math you can afford or not!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I wouldn't go past 285whp. That level of power would definitely involve changing the pulley, injectors and fuel pump. You could get away with not changing the fuel pump if you were to get a better intercooler with cooling kit, header & decat, cup box with high flow filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts