The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I got the new side scoop grills from RLS... well, I go to put them on and some ridiculous tar is used to keep the stock scoops on!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get that off without damaging the side scoop?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does it have the feel of a rubber eraser? If it is anything like the glue that holds the rear hatch vents in place it's a nightmare.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
As I recall that stuff is just a b!#ch. The only way to attack it is carefully with some good sharp tools and maybe some mild heat. It's tedious but not impossible.

FWIW, I used JB Weld to attach my screens. I also made a wood shape block to form my own mesh. Worked great.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Hey guys! I got the new side scoop grills from RLS... well, I go to put them on and some ridiculous tar is used to keep the stock scoops on!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get that off without damaging the side scoop?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I did not attempt to separate the stock grill from the stock side scoop. Wasn't worth it IMHO. I sold the stock side scoops/grills and went with the Reverie side scoops.

San

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it have the feel of a rubber eraser? If it is anything like the glue that holds the rear hatch vents in place it's a nightmare.
Yes, that's exactly what it is.

I was thinking about trying to use a heat gun and ... some sort of flat object (flathead screwdriver?) to wedge it off... not sure how that's gonna go, though ... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts