The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my first post on these boards.

I live in Charlotte NC and am looking at getting an Exige S. I'm getting hung up on the fact that the closest dealer is 90 miles away...for oil changes and basic maintenance, will I need to hike out to the dealer? Or do you guys trust 3rd party garages doing work on your cars?

Also, a question I know has been addressed but I can't find a legit answer to, no one in NC seems like they insure the Exige. Where do you guys get insurance from, and are you in NC????

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :bow:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am in Tucson, AZ and my nearest dealer is 100 miles away. I plan on driving the car there for the scheduled oil change and have the tech look over the car as it is still under warranty. A lot of owners do their own oil change and save a bunch of $$$ on parts & labor.

As for insurance, Progressive does not have Lotus on their website but they will insure it if you call them. That's who I use and pay $800 for 6 months on a clean record.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in Concord,NC with an S. I have Allstate and it's a little over a grand a year for insurance. Clean record of course.

I don't plan on taking it to the dealer unless I have a major problem.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm just over the border in Fort Mill, but also had no problem insuring it with Allstate - about the same cost as the above.

We have a choice now with a dealer in Greenville as well as Durham. But to be honest I just use them for the scheduled services every 7500 miles, the rest I do myself.

There are a couple of shops in Charlotte that deal with exotics and I wouldbe happy to trust either of them, plus there are quite a few lotus owners in the area and would be happy to help with any issues - including myself (I have a large garage, low profile lift, jack stands etc.).

Go for it!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
When I was an NC resident, I got my insurance through GEICO for my Exige. Its about 860 a year, with full coverage and a low deductible (clean record)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts