The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the external charging port under the access panel on the Exige is a handy feature. Does anyone know if this can be done for the Elise? For my Elise its quite a pain to access the battery terminals.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Since the elise 12V DC port is always "hot", you could use a charger/tender with the 12 plug.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep... My battery tender is plugged into the 12V "cigarette lighter" port.
Works really well.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Is there a tender that charges through the cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have used one from Griot's garage for 6 years through the lighter. Works great.

·
Registered
393 Posts
This is the one I've been using through the cigarette port.
No drama.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-BM3B-Battery-Maintainer/dp/B0051D3MP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433701543&sr=8-1&keywords=Black+and+Decker+battery+tender[/ame]

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I had a ctrek that had too many bells and whistles that died in one year. I love this, a Deltran battery tender plus. Nice beefy thing vs the fidgety bubble buttons on the ctek. Inexpensive too, and works great with the lighter port.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0156-Charger-Model/dp/B000NCOKQK/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1433723427&sr=1-3&keywords=battery+tender[/ame]

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have an exige but never seen an external charging port...Do i have a feature I don't know about?
There are battery posts under the passenger's side front access panel. The Elise doesn't need them since on the Elise you can always open the trunk (even if the battery is dead).

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I put some wires from the battery terminals to an SAE hermaphroditic connector that hangs out on my trunk that I can plug my tender into or other bits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts