The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...well its more of a roll than a rattle.

Imagine a metal marble rolling on a metal surface and your close. It goes from left to right when i turn left, and vice verca.

Its on my new 2008 Exige Sprint and happens on fairly hard turning. Anyone got any ideas? i tried looking in the footwell but nearly got stuck so gave up on that idea.

All thoughts very welcome! thanks

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Is the sound coming from the front of the car? This happened a couple of times I remember, to different people. One time, something came loose, and was rolling around inside one of the front beams. Another time, something up front needed to be lubricated. I wish I could remember some of the exact terms they used so I could search for you. See if you can check one of the front hollow beams to see if there's a nut or something that came loose, and is rolling around.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its coming from the front, feels like its right by your feet. Only happens on hard cornering (which is most corners actually) but once its starts 'rolling' it continues until it gets to the other side, then goes back when u corner the other way.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Mine's done that since it was new. I guess I figured :tadts: :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts