The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just acquired a 2013 Exige V6 Cup, and are working with a specific brake pad company for a set of new pads for the car.

When looking up pad sizing charts and FMSI numbers, all I can find is "Exige Sport Cup - 06+", but can't find anything specific for the V6 Cup.

Can anyone tell me if the Exige Cup's from last generation use the same brake pads as the new V6 Cups?

Thanks,

-Scott

·
Registered
979 Posts
We just acquired a 2013 Exige V6 Cup, and are working with a specific brake pad company for a set of new pads for the car.

When looking up pad sizing charts and FMSI numbers, all I can find is "Exige Sport Cup - 06+", but can't find anything specific for the V6 Cup.

Can anyone tell me if the Exige Cup's from last generation use the same brake pads as the new V6 Cups?

Thanks,

-Scott
Find the AP Racing S/N on your caliper, that'll tell you what caliper family you have, then go to AP Racing and they'll have the information you need. They are not the same brakes as the S2 Exige Cup. They should be similar to the Evora, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find the AP Racing S/N on your caliper, that'll tell you what caliper family you have, then go to AP Racing and they'll have the information you need. They are not the same brakes as the S2 Exige Cup. They should be similar to the Evora, though.
Great, thanks. Haven't taken delivery of it yet, but once it arrives I'll look up the caliper S/N.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great, thanks. Haven't taken delivery of it yet, but once it arrives I'll look up the caliper S/N.
Got it, didn't realize you didn't have the car yet. For the Evora, the caliper S/N is AP Racing's CP6696 which would put it in the CP6600 family

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Caliper: AP6600

Pads:
Pagid RS14 part # 20345
Hawk DTC 70 part #….HB585U.660
These pad numbers should help use cross-reference charts for other manufacturers' offerings

Important Note if your car's brakes are the same as my 2015 CupR ---Calipers are the same size front and rear, so you'd think they should take the same size pad front and rear…. BUT, the rear pads are milled by Lotus at the radius (~ 4mm) so they will avoid slight contact with the rear hat bobbins . Caliper placement on the rear rotor vis-a-vis the rear hat is closer than on the front 2-piece rotors. You'll understand once you remove the pads.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caliper: AP6600

Pads:
Pagid RS14 part # 20345
Hawk DTC 70 part #….HB585U.660
These pad numbers should help use cross-reference charts for other manufacturers' offerings

Important Note if your car's brakes are the same as my 2015 CupR ---Calipers are the same size front and rear, so you'd think they should take the same size pad front and rear…. BUT, the rear pads are milled by Lotus at the radius (~ 4mm) so they will avoid slight contact with the rear hat bobbins . Caliper placement on the rear rotor vis-a-vis the rear hat is closer than on the front 2-piece rotors. You'll understand once you remove the pads.

Good luck!
Fantastic info thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts