The Lotus Cars Community banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Are you just going to spray the front clam or the whole car when you go to paint?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just the front, it should match up good. I had the skirts and engine cover (hood) painted already and they came out nice.
The good thing about doing a project like this is I’m now a expert on taking this clam on and off lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Updates? We want pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah me too… my painter I’ve been using for years had his own shop but he doesn’t anymore so he does this work on the side. So it definitely takes a bit longer to get done. I go through him because he does great work and already matched the color perfectly with the side skirts and engine cover. Hopefully it won’t take much longer.
I gave him the heads up that my next project might be to mold on the industry garage body kit. I’m not sure yet though,
Good news is in this down time I was able to fix my passenger door that wasn’t perfectly lined up and would clank when closed, all better now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
so because you are an expert at taking off the clam now, can i ask a couple questions? you did some great work, and writeup also. do you thing there would be a way to make a hinge so this would tilt up? using aerocatch where normally bolts would go? how many attachment points actually hold the clam down, and where approx. are they if one was trying to produce a hinge setup
thanks

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
so because you are an expert at taking off the clam now, can i ask a couple questions? you did some great work, and writeup also. do you thing there would be a way to make a hinge so this would tilt up? using aerocatch where normally bolts would go? how many attachment points actually hold the clam down, and where approx. are they if one was trying to produce a hinge setup
thanks
It's been done so it's possible.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Sport Elise #45
87 Posts
thanks
What's the point of this, there is nothing there that needs regular service.

·
Registered
111 Posts
doing the boe rear hinge so i am curious. and if you can build a hinge easily, then you could build it to remove the clam just as easy. I have some projects i want to do that will be easier if it flips up like rad, brake bias cage, and repurpose oil coolers

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks
I feel like I can expertly remove and Install my clam with minimal effort, yes. As to your project, Looks like that video would be a good start. I don’t plan to nor thought about creating a hinge for it so Im not able to provide advise on that. As for the attach points, multiple threads and a google search will provide this info with pictures.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts