The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Exige owners and enthusiasts! I am planning on joining your ranks in the near future. I have been searching the FS forum and have found many tantalizing opportunities. However, finding just the right Exige can be a challenge...especially if there is a wife's stamp of approval involved!

That being said, I have located an acceptable color scheme (all that really matters to the better half). The problem is that the car is at a dealership that knows nothing about Lotus cars.

The price is ok (I lied... there are two things that matter to the better half) if it has all of the right options. But the dealership doesn't know how to tell what is on the car, and frankly neither do I. I am guessing that, as with most cars, the delivered options are encoded into the VIN.

Below is the VIN and a link to the car in question. I am hoping some one out here can tell me what options the car has based on the VIN. Thanks in advance.

VIN: SCCPC11106HL82574

eBay Motors: Lotus : Exige (item 300254160148 end time Sep-07-08 18:02:55 PDT)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
SCC = Lotus

P = 2ZZ engine type

C = Dual SIR + active belt restraints

111 = Vehicle Type, Elise

0 = check digit

6 = 2006

H = assembly at Hethel

L = LHD Federal (USA) A.C.

8 = Model, Exige

2574 = Serial number

That is all the info the VIN gives.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Looking at the auction, it seems as though the car has no touring package (base model Exige), has Elise LSS wheels instead of the black Exige wheels (the only difference is the color), has an aftermarket center tunnel and diffuser (both of which are $$$ and very nice), no traction control. Don't know whether Limited Slip differential is there or not. Does not appear to have the Track Package. That's about all I can tell from the pictures.

Call a dealer and see if they can tell you the options available from the VIN.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Has Sector111 carpet buttons and the rear lettering has been removed as well. The front lip looks aftermarket (shouldn't it be body color?).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the great feedback! I really appreciated it!

The LSD is the main reason I started the thread. If I can't tell from the VIN, is there any way of visually identifying whether or not it has LSD? If not, I will call a dealer and see if they can help.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has Sector111 carpet buttons and the rear lettering has been removed as well. The front lip looks aftermarket (shouldn't it be body color?).
On all of the '06s I have looked at, the front splitter and rear spoiler is black.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
The LSD is the main reason I started the thread. If I can't tell from the VIN, is there any way of visually identifying whether or not it has LSD? If not, I will call a dealer and see if they can help.

Thanks again!
No way to tell other than driving the car.

Stop the car with one wheel on the dry clean road, and the other on the side dirt/gravel/sand/grass/dirt. Rev the engine and dump the clutch.

If both tires spin, you have an LSD.
If only the tire on the soft stuff spins, you have an open diff.

On all of the '06s I have looked at, the front splitter and rear spoiler is black.
You are correct. The '07s had body colored units. '06s were black.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ok ok...I KNOW I'm right about the rear lettering though! :D

The reason I thought the buttons were aftermarket is mine came with black plastic ones. Those look aluminum, but admittedly hard to tell in the photos.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
The factory plastic carpet buttons are lighter and therefore better.

I had to skip lunch for two days to put my aluminum ones in my car :D.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
RoadDad said:
I had to skip lunch for two days to put my aluminum ones in my car :D.
rotfl

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No way to tell other than driving the car.

Stop the car with one wheel on the dry clean road, and the other on the side dirt/gravel/sand/grass/dirt. Rev the engine and dump the clutch.

If both tires spin, you have an LSD.
If only the tire on the soft stuff spins, you have an open diff.
Yep! That would definitely work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All LSD-equipped cars have traction control as well. If there is no traction control switch, then no LSD.

Also, it appears to have a Stage II exhaust, which I didn't see mentioned anywhere.
PERFECT!!! Wow... Thanks to everyone for all of the help. That was way more of a response than I was expecting! This is an awesome community! :up:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts