The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my new canyon red Exige S. Loving the ride, but disappointed with the stereo. I CLEARLY state "play artist Deep Purple" or "Play song "Highway Star" and nothing. Nada. At first I thought it could be competing noise coming from the ventilation holes I drilled into the rear window, but covering them with duct tape did not help. Then I thought it might be because perhaps I have a lisp or speech imspediment. So on the next try, I began with facial exercises to loosen my jaw, and really concentrated on enunciating my song request clearly. Still no dice. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ask someone else speak to it, see if that works

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
So on the next try, I began with facial exercises to loosen my jaw, and really concentrated on enunciating my song request clearly.

You don't by any chance have video of this, do you??

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Just hire an 18 year old girl to sit in the pax seat & change stations / cd's for ya. easy fix.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
IF you say " Touring Girl " Tim will thwack you !!!!!!!!!! ( Mine doesn't have touring; but I've been looking for the aftermarket girl ) rotfl

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't by any chance have video of this, do you??
Well I WOULD if I could figure out how to work the in-car videocam. So far I cannot find any documentation on this in my Exige owner's manual, but c'mon, you KNOW it's got to be there. I mean, there's no way I just paid $60K for a glorified go-kart. You KNOW for that kind of money it's got to be loaded to the gills with luxury and entertainment features.

I am also having trouble locating the contols for the auto parallel-park feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well I WOULD if I could figure out how to work the in-car videocam. So far I cannot find any documentation on this in my Exige owner's manual, but c'mon, you KNOW it's got to be there. I mean, there's no way I just paid $60K for a glorified go-kart. You KNOW for that kind of money it's got to be loaded to the gills with luxury and entertainment features.

I am also having trouble locating the contols for the auto parallel-park feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKYz5WJFr48&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKYz5WJFr48&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
redguitar said:
Well, I tried again to get the voice activation to work, but with my speech impediment I just couldn't get it to function. Frustrated, I drove to the gym, picked up Nobby and Marvin with the intention of finding some arse to kick. Shoved Marvin in the boot where he fits quite nicely and Nobby entered the passenger seat. "Let's hear some fookin' meoooosak," says Nobby. Suddenly, the stereo turned on and began playing "Highway to Hell," which is Nobby's favorite driving song. I was looking at Nobby in amazement when he said, "Let's find some tool to beat down." Next thing I know "Schism" is playing on the radio. Thinking it must be because it's quiet in the vehicle I start the engine, rev to 6000 and sidestep the clutch. Burning rubber through the gym parking lot ala Hello Kitty I can here Marvin in the boot "OH YEAH. GO SALLY GO!" Nobby then says in a quiet voice, "I'm gonna busta head." Suddenly the radio switches to the Rocky Balboa soundtrack and Three 6 Mafia starts singing "It's a fight it's a fight head busta head busta..." Kestral74 and RacyTracy, although he's not a hot Russian chick, I've found a way to get my stereo to work correctly. Problem solved.
.:p.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm still looking for the cup holder!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts