The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill start by saying im not that technical or car savy hopefully some 1 here can help think of a soultion to my problem i have a 06 exige which is my baby i love it but i park it outside theres no where to garage it where i live i put a car cover on when i can but there are times i cant and when it rains water builds up in the engine which damages it i brought it to lotus they cleaned it out when it when it was under warintey but its up now and all they said is keep it out of the rain and dont let water get in it which is hard considering the back is a open metal weave any suggestions o and i tried a custom plastic cover which my friend uses on his ferrari but the lotus gets to hot if i keep it on
-Spencer

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply and i try to keep it covered when im home but when im at work,dinner, or a movie and it rains i cant always get to it in time and i worry about it is there any other way to prevent the water from getting in or something else i can do

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
If it's just for a couple of hours, I don't think it matters. Once you drive it, wouldn't the water blow out? My cars been rained on before when I'm not home. I get in and drive. It's not stored outside at home though. So maybe just cover it when you are home and not worry about it at work, dinner, or a movie.

·
Registered
824 Posts
this is kind of ridiculous. how can rain cause water damage to a parked car's engine? where does it go/enter?

except for the intake and exhaust, the engine is sealed. given their orientations, it is highly unlikely that water from rain would get into the engine through them if the car is not moving. even when the car is moving, this is quite unlikely and typically only happens with aftermarket intakes and wading through deep water.

you shouldn't need to do anything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure y it happens but manhatten motor cars which is a certified lotus dealer that i use and my familty mechanic both say it is quite common i dont kno y i jus wanna kno if there r any solutions and my exige has the stock intake

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
^type much?

Where exactly is the water going? And hasn't this been brought up before in other threads? Do a search. But I already know what the answer is.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
You're not saying what your issue is. The water builds up WHERE? If it is INSIDE the engine, it ain't rain water. If it's in the engine bay, drive the car. That'll dry it up! What is the problem? Symptoms?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You'll find outstanding advice on this forum. But provide some details and symptoms (as others have suggested).

By the way, this is not a chat room.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ill start by saying im not that technical or car savy hopefully some 1 here can help think of a soultion to my problem i have a 06 exige which is my baby i love it but i park it outside theres no where to garage it where i live i put a car cover on when i can but there are times i cant and when it rains water builds up in the engine which damages it i brought it to lotus they cleaned it out when it when it was under warintey but its up now and all they said is keep it out of the rain and dont let water get in it which is hard considering the back is a open metal weave any suggestions o and i tried a custom plastic cover which my friend uses on his ferrari but the lotus gets to hot if i keep it on
-Spencer
My GOD man! Use a period.

I have a headache after reading that.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Go to the auto part store, buy a code reader (OBll), plug it into your car, and then post the code. Then someone can help diagnose it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also realize that even Lotus dealers are going to tell you that you need to do something about it. They are running a business and are probably in love with the fact that you are out of warranty now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts