The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the Exige S240 and the regular Exige/2006 and Exige S/2007 have different airfoils.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison?

I want to change my 2008 Exige S240 from a painted to a non-painted(black) wing like on the 2006 Exige but if the 2006 is smaller I will not.
I think the 2007 Exige S is also smaller than the 2008's.

-enlighten me....

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Never heard that, but worse comes to worse you could just plasti-dip your stock wing.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I was told the Exige S240 and the regular Exige/2006 and Exige S/2007 have different airfoils.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison?

I want to change my 2008 Exige S240 from a painted to a non-painted(black) wing like on the 2006 Exige but if the 2006 is smaller I will not.
I think the 2007 Exige S is also smaller than the 2008's.

-enlighten me....
That's news to me. My 07 S220 was parked next to an acquaintance's 08 S240 dozens of times and if there was a difference, it sure was not apparent.

Should be easy enough to contact a dealership or lotusgarage, and see if the part number is the same for both. My money is on their being the same.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
they're all the same to me. You mean the profile shape of the wing is different?

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard the s240 has a wider cross section and the angle is more aggressive

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
I heard the s240 has a wider cross section and the angle is more aggressive
I have also heard that we never walked on the moon and the earth is flat!

Seriously this is the first time I have ever heard of this. They look identical to me. Why don't you just plastidip your current wing like a previous poster mentioned? Way easier and you can always go back!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Took less than 5 minutes to check the exploded diagrams and parts list at lotus garage.

No wing changes until MY2010.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have also heard that we never walked on the moon and the earth is flat!

Seriously this is the first time I have ever heard of this. They look identical to me. Why don't you just plastidip your current wing like a previous poster mentioned? Way easier and you can always go back!
Plasti-dip is ****.
I've used it many times and it does not hold up well to scuffing, washings, and looks like crap after a while.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took less than 5 minutes to check the exploded diagrams and parts list at lotus garage.

No wing changes until MY2010.
Lotusgarage does not always have the latest parts lists/pictures or prices
on their site. I spoke with Robert at LG a few times about parts and
prices.

I looked at LG already anyway.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Lotusgarage does not always have the latest parts lists/pictures or prices
on their site. I spoke with Robert at LG a few times about parts and
prices.

I looked at LG already anyway.
Ummm would it make you happier if we just told you it was different? I mean you are pretty convinced it is! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
They are the same part. Only difference is 07s are painted body color and 08 and 09 struts are also painted body color. Even the 09 Sport/Cup 260 carbon fiber wing is an identical size.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
News to me as well.
I only knew of the color changes throughout the years, but afaik they're all the same.
The 2010+ ones I hear have the same downforce figure, but lower drag... supposedly. :shrug:

---
addendum
Lotus press release for 2010 Exige emphasizes revised aero featuring low drag.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess asking questions is verboten on LT now without someone jumping down your throat.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I guess asking questions is verboten on LT now without someone jumping down your throat.
Noooooo....but when people answer your question with facts and you still ask, well, throat jumping might be warranted.

And you know what? Lotus garage does not need to update parts and part numbers that haven't changed.

There is an old saying: if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts