The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a number of forums on hear discussing if mounting an Exige wing onto an Elise can be done, however that seems to be where it stops. Does anyone have any insight into this? I have read various opinions on where to mount and how flimsy the deck lid is, but haven't seen any on making the deck lid more rigid, etc.
I recently bought a nice Exige wing from a member on this forum and would like to get it mounted.
Any help provided would be very appreciated. Please save me from myself before I go out to the garage and try to MacGyver (Sp?) this thing with an assortment of duct tape, chewing gum wrappers, and bondo:crazyeyes

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
+1

I have seen a number of forums on hear discussing if mounting an Exige wing onto an Elise can be done, however that seems to be where it stops. Does anyone have any insight into this? I have read various opinions on where to mount and how flimsy the deck lid is, but haven't seen any on making the deck lid more rigid, etc.
I recently bought a nice Exige wing from a member on this forum and would like get it mounted.
Any help provided would be very appreciated. Please save me from myself before I go out to the garage and try to MacGyver (Sp?) this thing with an assortment of duct tape, chewing gum wrappers, and bondo:crazyeyes

Thanks

Andy

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
what are you doing about the notch cut out of the bottom of the wing mounts that doesn't fit the same angle that is on the Elise decklid?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Come to LOG 29 and I will show you mine. It is not plug and play, there is some cutting and epoxying that must be done before sanding and painting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts