The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2006 Exige
1,051 Posts
If you have the track pack, you have the Lotus designed solution. It might not be as snazzy as some of the other aftermarket parts, but I have never heard of one failing.

No, you don't NEED to upgrade that part.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i have this part on my car which has seen the track plenty of times, still going strong. apparently the earlier versions were prone to developing play in the rod ends but mine are still firm.

i am yet to be able to find a correct torque setting for the track pack toe links though...no one can tell me if they also need 60 Nm like the regular toe links or if its 50 Nm.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Check to see if you have the factory track bar that is connected to both rear toe links. If you do, I think you'll be fine.

Like others have said: You should ensure that all the bolts and nuts are properly torqued and possibly add some Nordlocks for added safety.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
^^ that's a good ref but it's for K series cars which have a different rear subframe to Toyota cars.

As per this thread...
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/what-torque-setting-rear-toe-link-inboard-fixing-13779/
it says 50 Nm but it was upped to 60 Nm a few years back by Lotus. But it's all moot because it's for regular toe links which have a ball joint, not spherical rod ends like the lotus sport toe links.
I should learn to read...thanks for pointing that out...:facepalm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts