The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an Exige S for a while now and found a yellow one at a fair price. The only problem is that it doesn't have the track pack. It has touring pack, starshield, and limited slip differential. Since I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car I was wondering if you guys felt like it would be resalable without the track pack. I was told the lsd is important since I plan to autocross it but track pack isn't really necessary if I don;'t track the car which I probabley wont
Tony f

·
Registered
487 Posts
LSD for autocrossing is great, but it's true about the track pack... if you're really concerned about the suspension you can always add it to the car yourself, but these cars are so capable you don't *need* it unless you track it, and would be almost a waste if you don't

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I think the hardcore track enthusiest would say to NOT get the track pack, then use the money towards nitrons/ohlins.

Resale? Doubt the track pack would make or break a sale, depends on price and how educated the buyer would be

I am curious if others would agree with me

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why Lotus made an exige without a track pack is beyond me.
That's kinda like an Aston Martin without leather... just a little strange. :shrug:

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I will also depend on what model year of Exige you are talking about. The 06 and 07 S is different than 08.

Having said that - I do believe you will likely be able to ask for more because a car is equipped with that option - but I doubt it will likely deter anyone. Most everything is retrofittable on the 06 and 07's. Definately not worth it on the 08's.

My car has the track pack - and honestly I wouldn't have gotten it if I picked the options myself. What strikes me, unless I am mistaken, is that if I make an adjustment and change the settings that I will have to get the car realigned each time I change it.

Not something I feel compelled to do. My former Exige w/o track pack rode just as fine on the road. I felt though that LSD, which my other Exige had, made that back end kinda twitchy and seemed loose in some driving conditions whereas my 07 S w/o lsd seems more planted.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If an '08 Exige S240 is purchased without a Track Pack, what are the opinions on the nitrons/ohlins for spirited canyon driving over the Track Pack set up? I am also assuming the LSD added option, as I was told that canyon driving is similar enough to autocross for its necessity (per Lotus).

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm still a newbie so don't flame me.

IIRC, almost all parts of the Track Pack can be easily added to a non-Track Pack car except for some structural reinforcement(s).

I'm sure a search would yield the answer.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I do not think resale will be that affected. The reason I like the Track Pack is you can adjust the shocks to a softer setting for the street.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts