The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to leave my exige in my driveway during my vacation but I want to unhook the battery but want to lock the doors and hatch

Could someone pm me where the release latch is so when I get back I can open my car?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Leave the doors unlocked - disconnect battery - then just lock the doors with the key (key slot vertical).
Your manual key lock on your door actually works?? Mine just spins and looks pretty and shiny, doesn't actually lock and unlock the doors. :shrug: I know because my fob decided to go on a fritz one night and not work, so I had no way of unlocking my car.

Same with my cousins Exige S.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Your manual key lock on your door actually works?? Mine just spins and looks pretty and shiny, doesn't actually lock and unlock the doors. :shrug: I know because my fob decided to go on a fritz one night and not work, so I had no way of unlocking my car.

Same with my cousins Exige S.
My car doesn't have central locking :D (it wasn't offered prior to 04)

But if you have locked the car with the central locking that is independent of the door button. Try it - don't lock the car, turn the key so the slot is vertical and its locked (central locking was an afterthought!!) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts