The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight's shoot was the first one I've been really happy with in a while, hope you enjoy the pix as well.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Is there a tutorial that you can point to? I'd love to try this out. Well done!

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
P.S. Can you play with DOF when you bracket the shots? In other words, do you maintain your f-stop or could you vary it? I'm not sure what affect it would have on the outcome, just curious.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. Can you play with DOF when you bracket the shots? In other words, do you maintain your f-stop or could you vary it? I'm not sure what affect it would have on the outcome, just curious.
These aren't HDR's, they're single RAW's :).

As far as bracketing, I wouldn't suggest playing with anything between the 3 shots, as you risk movement, and movement causes softness.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What was going on with the concrete embankments in the first and 3rd shots? Offensive enough that you had to use that much foreground? I know you usually play with the car up high, but it seems they're just a little too north on the frame this time. Very clean nose shot too, I really feel that one. The lens flare set up, not so much. Not really my cup of tea..

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was going on with the concrete embankments in the first and 3rd shots? Offensive enough that you had to use that much foreground? I know you usually play with the car up high, but it seems they're just a little too north on the frame this time. Very clean nose shot too, I really feel that one. The lens flare set up, not so much. Not really my cup of tea..
You should know by looking at my pix that I'm weird, I actually like more foreground than background :). The 2nd shot is quite popular, so you're on the same page as everyone else there. The lens flare, it was done as a joke, but I don't think it's half bad, so I posted it...haha.

Nice shots! What lens were you using for those?
Nikkor 80-200 ƒ2.8, racked out, of course :D.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Kind of heavy p-chopping, but cool looking anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts