1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks for the pix

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I had a great time. It was nice meeting everybody.

What's with the tires on this???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/whitecastle/17.jpg[/IM][/quote]

They're 225/??-16 r888s. The rims seem to blend with the sidewalls in photos, making them look like BFG all terrains on 14s.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I overheard that it was new, yet to be released(?) model, Kenworth. They're designed just down the road. It was pretty cool. They were letting anybody climb in, and the kids got to honk the horn.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It was Kenworth day apparently. The Exotics guys are trying to have something special going on at the meets besides just random cars showing up, so they are organizing special features and events.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wonder how they're going to top Kenworth day.
Boeing day, perhaps? rotfl

It was Kenworth day apparently. The Exotics guys are trying to have something special going on at the meets besides just random cars showing up, so they are organizing special features and events.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Nice turnout, guys.
That Azure Blue Esprit is Awesome!
What's with the semi truck?
I was there at the Exotics at Redmond Town Center and a guy I spoke to (didn’t remember his name) said that semi truck is the only one painted using that specific color supplied by Lamborghini that is not VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) compliant with the U.S.A. environmental regulations.
Apparently for Kenworth to paint more like that one they are having paint suppliers come up with a color combination that is VOC compliant and also apparently it’s not an easy thing to do and get it exactly right.
According to that guy he also said that specific color is no longer a stock color supplied by Lamborghini for new cars. That’s what makes the semi so special and the reason it’s parked next to the Lamborghinis.
I went there with my DeLorean hoping to see a huge number of Lotus cars (as I hope to own one some day) but I was some what disappointed there wasn’t more variety.
I’m a member of the Evergreen Lotus Car Club and at most several Lotus cars show up at gatherings.:UK:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks, outatym2001. Interesting info on that Kenworth color.
I've heard there've been fewer Loti at that event. Sounds like it was one of the bigger turnouts. I know Tim was planning to go with his '02 Inferno Esprit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yay...kenworth day....It's called [email protected] the photo shoot was puzzling. Didn't make sense to block off half the parking lot for a photo shoot so people couldn't enjoy the cars. Do a photo shoot another time when you don't have to fight the crowd. The new lambo was interesting, I hadn't seen one in person yet.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
To be fair, they did the photo shoot at the end of the show - for most of the time the lambos and Kenworth were parked together with the rest of the cars.

I don't know why we don't get more Esprit owners coming out to the show (or Elan or anything else really.) There was one Evora which showed up, half a dozen Eliges, one V8 Esprit and one S1(?) Esprit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts