The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just got my first Lotus, a 2018 Evora 400. It's been a great experience thus far and the yellow 400 (we call her "Sunshine" ) get's a lot of attention, smiles, thumbs up, honks, and turned heads. I've never owned anything which received this kind of attention. A simple wave, smile back, or hello goes a long way. Met many folks, and quite a few great conversations have happened, all because of this car. I've pulled over a couple dozen times to talk to folks and allow folks, especially children, to look at it and ask questions. Funny thing happened on one instance last week as a McLaren 720, ALL BLACK, pulled up next to me. He was not very friendly and had a very serious look on his face. Folks in other cars around were looking at our Evora all smiles and thumbs up while they pretty much ignored this guy in the much more expensive and exotic McLaren. Probably due to the color of the Evora but we also have perma-grins the whole time we are driving.

Occasionally, I get the dreaded question, "How much does it cost" and I have a simple, but entertaining, answer. I reply, "It costs about $38 per pound." They think for a second and then they ask "well how much does it weigh (mass for you physics gurus)?" to which I reply "it weighs (mass) about 1400 Kg." That's when I just give a quick smile and wish them a good day. Most just laugh and give me a good thumbs up! One teenager just looked at me and smiled.

Happy motoring!
Cheers!
Good answers on that price issue. Alright if I borrow those responses?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I tell them it's cheaper than that Honda Accord EX or top of the line van they're driving.
Thats my go to. "Much cheaper than that truck youre driving"
or I just low ball it to surprise them."This old thing? 20 grand"

I get that question A LOT in America. Which I use to find strange. It would have to be the most common question.

Its better than what I get with my Lotus 7 or when I had a Cobra replica.
"Is it a real one"

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
How about "I'm not sure what it costs. My Corolla is in for service and they gave me this as the loaner vehicle."

Actually I've never been offended by anyone asking the price of my Elise. Even if I had the Evora (more $$) that question would not bother me.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts