The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather call has been made.

Last week there were 3 Lotus cars in the group. In addition to the regular (if you can use that word here) lambos, f-cars, and Porsches, there was a 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing that DROVE to the event.

Enjoy the show.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Do Exiges get to park in the "exotic" section?
So far the only Exige showing up is Trevor's and he parks in the "track cars" section by choice. The lotus cars in the exotic section so far have been Elans and Elises. We've also seen a Tesla and a Westfield (Lotus 7 inspired).

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my general rule is that if my car is clean I park it in the central lot. However, my car is seldom clean during the track season. It is getting close right now though. However, there has been times when Tommy has moved me into the central lot even when i thought my car was dirty. I keep the body of the car clean but lack the patience to really clean the brake dust and wads of rubber off of my wheels and tires. :)

The rest of the time I park the car in the second lot. I also do that if my time is limited.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So my general rule is that if my car is clean I park it in the central lot. However, my car is seldom clean during the track season. [...] I keep the body of the car clean but lack the patience to really clean the brake dust and wads of rubber off of my wheels and tires. :)
There's a nice manual car wash down the street (about 10 mins) I hit on the way in sometimes. $2 credit card swipe for 4 minutes of soap/hot water. 148th and 8th. Hard to beat the price and convenience.

from: 148th Ave NE & NE 8th St, Bellevue, WA 98007 to: Desert Fire, redmond town center Redmond wa - Google Maps

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, that's not clean Michael.

:)

It takes me a while. I did the first round on the car last weekend. I'll get some more done this weekend to have her ready for the 30th.

:coolnana:

But on the 20th of June, I'll be caking the brake dust and wads of rubber up into the wheel wells again down at Oregon Raceway.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I'm trailering my Elise over from Montana on Friday night... will arrive at 2 AM Seattle time and will be at the show. Can't wait to meet you guys and finally attend an exotic car meet.

Question, what time should I be at Redmond town center in order to park next to the other Lotus's?

Glenn

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glenn, plan on showing up between 8am and 8:30am. I won't be there on the 23rd, but others will be I'm sure. Michael, Clayton, and I are regulars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Elise arrives late next week, I'm hoping that if there is an event on the 6th then I'll be able to make it.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Awesome, I'm right after the Tesla! (Tesla at 1:39) I'm not sure my car would have sounded as good if I'd been right after one of the Lambos!

Actually pretty happy with the way it sounded, not to mention finally getting to see my wheels in motion!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Haha nice video.

I just got back to Montana... its like 3 AM here. Had a fun trip and a good time at the show. Nice to meet everyone there! :) I'll post some videos and pics that I took when I get a chance tomorrow.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great video Glenn. I'm glad you were able to make it out. I once drove across the country after picking up my Lotus. Along the way (NJ to WA) I stopped in Irvine to see Cars and Coffee. I imagine the feeling I had then is much the same as the feeling you had this weekend. It's just incredible luck that you managed to pick THE day that we had the highest turn out ever!

Enjoy in good health and I hope that you come back from time-to-time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts