The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id start a thread to discuss the event....

plenty :popcorn: to be had by all...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
note, made it home safely, only lotus not pulled over and ticketed!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

so highlights as i see them,

first, i did not have to be towed home....

driving by seeing 4 lotus pulled over together.

mike winning cash

the "tavern"rotfl

greg being pulled over TWICE:panic:

mikes pink gloves...

:popcorn:

lows, one flat straight road the whole trip...

seeing 4 lotus pulled over,

the "tavern"

the same long straight road home...

alex...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
That was retarded. So first of all, 4 of the slowest drivers driving 4 of the slowest cars in the group get pulled over for speeding.

Then as I leave early, I GET pulled over by the same cop that pulled you guys over! What are the odds??

Definitely need some real roads next time. Highway runs feel like a Bull Run or something. I felt like I was racing you guys, lol.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My favorite part was when the State Trooper past my car and said to the other trooper "that color is my favorite" :clap:rotfl

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
walking in to that tavern gave me the biggest laugh....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
BM - keep us posted on what the lawyer says. Looks like the ticket is only $85 but two points. The two points appear that they will go away after only one year.

and... how embarrassing is it that MacDaddy got pulled over the second time for going TOO SLOW! rotfl

I think he should lose his Lotus card for that one!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I wasn't going too slow. I was doing the speed limit dammit! I like how he passed everyone behind me and pulled me over for no real reason. After that, I was scared to drive anymore. :crazyeyes

And BM, the same cop really pulled you over on the GSP going home? Dam, that guy must be on a mission.

As for the 2 points, I still don't think I want them. I still think it can effect my insurance and cause more problems if I get a ticket within a year. I say we go to the court date and have them removed. Might be worth the extra money in fines.

Also, that woulda been more fun and less crazy cops on twisty country roads.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I find it a little IRONIC that Exarkun is the one who is usally driving like an A-hole and he's the only one who did not get pulled over yesterday! :panic:

Also, I would like to go on record and say that you guys are definitely a BAD influence on me. To this point I have only been pulled over once and I got that ticket thrown out. You are soiling my good reputation.

And... I believe I lived up to my screen name yesterday. My MidasHands kept pulling gold coins all day and I won money!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think its safe to say we all had a great time, especially considering the horrible road layout. I say we do it again, but I may have to wait until those 2 points expire :wallbang:

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
This thread is worthless without pics!

Alan, where is that cool multi-banner smiley icon you usually post in this case?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My co-pilot SSRL did not take one picture!

However, there does exist a picture of the 4 Lotus pulled over. I am trying to get it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
DAMN!!!! What silly cops. Too bad I wasn't around to see the cops before they pulled you all over. How did they successfully pull-over 4 people anyway? Why not just ignore the cop and keep going? Let them work for their ticket.

MidasHands is a crazy driver himself. But his modesty is priceless. Knock on wood mike!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
DAMN!!!! What silly cops. Too bad I wasn't around to see the cops before they pulled you all over. How did they successfully pull-over 4 people anyway? Why not just ignore the cop and keep going? Let them work for their ticket.

MidasHands is a crazy driver himself. But his modesty is priceless. Knock on wood mike!

Dude, could you imagine if you tried to run and he caught you? He would NOT be so friendly and he might just arrest you.

I was thinking about doing that last night. Cop pulls up next to me in the shoulder lane and yells for me to pull over, then goes and grabs the Viper. I could have just left, but figured he'd have back-up on my ass in no time, and it just was not worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
let me say, i have never driven above the speed limit. and always follow posted signs...unlike you guys... thats why i was not stopped.

over all the day went well for me anyway. i would have preferred a different route....

did anyone hear from mr.lucky regards to leaving before telling us a good place to eat?

would you guys do that again?

did you thing the group we ran with was ok?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts