The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I recall someone having a similar experience. In the end he called them and asked for some details as he wanted to report the car stolen. He got the car the next day. I forget the exact details but it was something along those lines.

The problem with DAS is that you're dealing with many companies. One guy will do local pickup and bring it to a DAS hub, they'll then have an independent contractor ship it to another hub, where it will wait until they have a full truck going to the next destination. Eventually it'll get to a hub near you where you can either pick it up, or you'll be turned over to another local agency to ship it to you.

Even if it's just hub to hub, I've seen many negative stories.

Looks like they pulled a fast one on you, I bet there's no sort of guarantee on that 13day period. I'd make sure to have the car checked as soon as you get it. Also, if you plan on picking it up at their lot bring jumper cables. My battery was DOA when I bought my car, but the delivery folk I used were fantastic and stuck around until I was good to go.

Last thought, don't let a bad trucking experience ruin a great car experience. You'll love it. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Glad you got your car, enjoy! Starlight Black is the best color. :) (when clean, it is hard to keep it that way)

3 days over isn't terrible. A marginal problem made worse by a company's poor communication efforts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts