The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
True story.

My good friend who is a member of this forum, john2496, used to be a wacko and got into meditating, strengthening his mind, clairvoyance and telekinesis. He read books which taught him how to do these things.

I never thought telekinesis was real, but as he practiced he got better. I WATCHED him spin a paper pinwheel on an axis. Backwards, forwards, and then backwards again. He did this for me on multiple occasions. The interesting part was the pinwheel carried no momentum when it stopped. It just stopped dead in its tracks. There was obviously a resisting force. No tricks involved howsoever. Soon after, he quit practicing it. :(

For some reason, no one believes me when I tell this story and no one believes him either. He did make videos (not sure if he still has them), but still nobody believed him. Many people say the same thing; "I'd have to see it."

So does anyone here believe in telekinesis or am I the only one? Any alternate explanations?

Sorry for starting a thread about this, but a search produced no results.

Thanks... :eek:

PS: Yes, I am going to start teaching myself and become the next Criss Angel :p

·
Banned
874 Posts
I believe it if U really believed it

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Ha ha........YOUR Lotus is now in MY garage.....thanks...that worked pretty good !! rotfl

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nope, not a trick. I've done the pin wheel too. Although anything more just never happens.
I was born and brought up in India and I've seen telekinesis multiple times, some are fraud and some are real.
When I went to Tibet, the monks could do amazing things.

Lost of other stuff I've seen which i will not write, coz people will start saying stupid stuff to me.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I vote trick.

I win beers all the time using 'telekenesis' to move two cigarettes apart that are sitting out on a table. People are always so focused on the cigarettes to see you blowing on them. Really, really stupid trick but gets them 95% of the time.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank peeps :p

There was no way this is a trick! This is my best friend, first of all, and he is not the type of person to waste his time to lie to people. And secondly, I watched him! I saw it before my own eyes. There was no fan blowing. He didn't breathe on it. He was just 100% focused on clarity of mind.

Ransackman, nothing more than the pinwheel thing happens? That's disheartening :( I can still be Criss Angel!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I vote trick.

I win beers all the time using 'telekenesis' to move two cigarettes apart that are sitting out on a table. People are always so focused on the cigarettes to see you blowing on them. Really, really stupid trick but gets them 95% of the time.
I can balance one of those 72" folding rulers, by only by it's very, very end - and NOTHING ELSE TOUCHING ANYTHING of it, - completely off and out from the corner of ANY desk, table, bar end (heck bar stool) too! :eek: Yep, it's AMAZING! ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm going to do this too!

Perhaps I can use telekinesis on my Lotus to pass the 'vettes guys down those long straights ;)

Seriously, I am skeptical - I'd like to see it scientifically proven.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
was this preceded by Mexican food and did you smell anything funny when the pinwheel started to spin?rotfl

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nope- Nothing more than pinwheel, maybe little metallic things but I have ADD.

I believe it, I'd like to know how it works, there has to be science behind it. How I wish, Einstein finished the unification theory.

You should read quantum physics and how probablity is such a major factor at such a small scale. Really puts things in perspective.

I've noticed the more you read, the more things become weird. Ignorance is certainly bliss.

Thank peeps :p

There was no way this is a trick! This is my best friend, first of all, and he is not the type of person to waste his time to lie to people. And secondly, I watched him! I saw it before my own eyes. There was no fan blowing. He didn't breathe on it. He was just 100% focused on clarity of mind.

Ransackman, nothing more than the pinwheel thing happens? That's disheartening :( I can still be Criss Angel!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was this preceded by Mexican food and did you smell anything funny when the pinwheel started to spin?rotfl

Now that explains it... :p

If you pull it off, James Randi has a million bucks for you.

Challenge Info - James Randi Educational Foundation

I ain't holding my breath.
Sweet. If only I'd known about this a few years ago. :( I wonder if this test qualifies? I can certainly replicate it. With a million bucks, I could afford a Katana SC!!!

Nope- Nothing more than pinwheel, maybe little metallic things but I have ADD.

I believe it, I'd like to know how it works, there has to be science behind it. How I wish, Einstein finished the unification theory.

You should read quantum physics and how probablity is such a major factor at such a small scale. Really puts things in perspective.

I've noticed the more you read, the more things become weird. Ignorance is certainly bliss.

Did you need a lot of practice to perform it?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
My Ouija board says this is impossible.

Can you friend catch bullets in his teeth, too?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I watched him! I saw it before my own eyes. There was no fan blowing. He didn't breathe on it. He was just 100% focused on clarity of mind.
Was the pinwheel solidly mounted or held in his hand. You would be surprised at what subtle vibrations - even subconsciously created ones - can do. Even mounted on a table, the table could be getting vibrated and causing the pinwheel to spin.

I have an antique "toy" that does something similar. It is a "stick" (dowel) with "propeller" (another small dowel at a right angle) on the end of it. I hold it in my hand, and when I rub the stick with another, the "propeller" spins, A subtle change in how it's held, and the propeller spins reverses. If you don't hold it just right, it just sits there and doesn't spin at all. It's all a function of how the vibrations are dampened by the way that you hold it. Nothing magical or telekinesis about it...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts