The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone one found an extended warranty in the US? I can not find anyone who offers anything.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wish I could have found one. Then the crappy window lift mechanisms, self-destructive wiper motor and potato chip fragile windshield pillar trim pieces would have been free!

·
Loves to talk
1,076 Posts
I may be looking for one in about a year but have no great insights to add. I'll follow this thread with interest and add anything I find.....if I find anything.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have the Fidelity Plat plan. I have read on the boards that Fidelity is no longer covering Lotus cars but doesn't hurt to check. I also see some in the camp that do not like doing these and say to just put the money in the bank and have it there to pay for things that pop up. I paid for my warranty in full when I got the car. I did pay more for it than normal, $4k. This was due to the fact that my car was already a few years old and had 22k on the ODO.

It's worked out for me and Fidelity was very easy to work with. In reality I never even had to deal with them because my Lotus dealer did all the work and talking with them. To this day I have chalked up over $15k in getting stuff fixed at dealer prices during the first year I owned it. The repairs ranged from trans cable replacement, clutch master cylinder, A/C compressor, parking sensors down to a cracked e-brake trim. There were some other small things too like sticky locks and windows. I made sure I was going to use it and any little thing that came up I had them fix.

I was really unlucky as this isn't the norm for most folks by any means but I was hit with almost every little known issue the Evora could have. I haven't had any issues since and all has been good for quite some time and several road trips later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts