The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's generally a bad idea to try and match the interior/exterior colors because if the color doesn't match perfectly, it looks really funny, but has anyone been bold enough to order a Magnetic Blue/blue leather Elise? Or Ardent Red/red leather?

A dream of mine, after seeing a friend's Le Mans blue M5 with matching blue interior, has been to own a car with blue leather. Well, any colored interior looks really unique, but blue in particular is one of my favorites.

Does anyone know if the blue leather is going to match any of the exterior blue options (likely Magnetic blue if any of them)? Or the red leather matching Ardent Red?

Dane, probably ordering the (boring) black leather for lack of real life Elise color examples.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
atyclb said:
you can't order a red/red or a magnetic blue/blue Elise in the US
I thought you could order those combos but it might add some time to your build. Weren't the color combos from Lotus "recommended"?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
huggy bear said:
I thought you could order those combos but it might add some time to your build. Weren't the color combos from Lotus "recommended"?
Yup- recommended only. The 111s demo's at Matheny were red on red and blue on blue, so at the very least, Lotus has not historically had anything against same colors for int/ext.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back to my original question (I never asked if the color combos were available, I already knew that ;) ), I'm wondering if anyone has seen or been daring enough to order the matching colors on an Elise?

I put my order in for the black leather... I wimped out on the magnetic blue/blue leather combo, and biscuit shows scuffs (from kicking the door trying to get out) a lot easier than black.

·
Registered
16 Posts
DaneM said:
I put my order in for the black leather... I wimped out on the magnetic blue/blue leather combo, and biscuit shows scuffs (from kicking the door trying to get out) a lot easier than black. [/B]
I am contemplating between saffron yellow/red leather and
magnetic blue/red leather. Anybody has Elise pics with this combo?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
oops, sorry for the bad info...I had thought some actual Lotus people had confirmed that the "recommended" combos were set in stone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I love my blue/blue S2000! :D I'd be tempted to do blue/blue on an elise too.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
atyclb said:
oops, sorry for the bad info...I had thought some actual Lotus people had confirmed that the "recommended" combos were set in stone.
Because of your bad info, many of our Elise reserv-ees have gone into deep depression. The least you could do is pay for their, now necessary, psychiatric treatments. I hope you now realize how 'mentally' fragile our members are and
note this in the future.-ridgeman-

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It appears my "treatment" will be about $45k plus fees.

:)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Randy Chase said:
It appears my "treatment" will be about $45k plus fees.

:)
We must be seeing the same counselor. Too bad I couldn't get an earlier appointment... :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a Azure Blue( V Similar to Magnetic), 111s with Blue Hood and blue leather back in UK. I thought it looked good. I choose it, as like you I worried about the biscuit scuffing and there were lots of Black leathers around. Also in UK we got hood choices also, blue, red so you could match the whole car.
I didnt realise the options were Lotus recommended.
I thinking of Magnetic, but would only get Blue leather if they did the blue hood option aswell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts