The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Not sure if this is the proper location to post this, but does anybody know how interchangeable Exige parts are to an Elise? I just bought an Elise, and want to have the hatch from an Exige on my Elise, along with a couple other things...all thoughts are welcome!

PS: I'm mainly thinking the front grill mesh, side vents / intakes, hatch, front splitter, etc, etc

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That was at the West Cost Lotus Meet at the Red Rock Hotel's parking lot in Vegas. They had an autocross after the initial meet which looked great but I did the red rock drive instead.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
minnis, do you have anymore details on your LED head light mod?

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Not sure if this is the proper location to post this, but does anybody know how interchangeable Exige parts are to an Elise? I just bought an Elise, and want to have the hatch from an Exige on my Elise, along with a couple other things...all thoughts are welcome!

PS: I'm mainly thinking the front grill mesh, side vents / intakes, hatch, front splitter, etc, etc
To use the rear hatch, you'd have to completely replace the rear clam. Pricey and time consuming.

To use the front splitter, you'd have to seriously modify the splitter (you'd butcher it doing so), the clam (ditto) or replace the front clam (pricey and time consuming). The shape of the Elise and Exige clams are actually different at the lower front facia. It fare out a bit on the Exige to better direct air around/past the front tires. So splitters are not interchangeable.

Easy enough (removing clam) to do the mesh switch, and putting side scoops on an Elise.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
To use the rear hatch, you'd have to completely replace the rear clam. Pricey and time consuming.

To use the front splitter, you'd have to seriously modify the splitter (you'd butcher it doing so), the clam (ditto) or replace the front clam (pricey and time consuming). The shape of the Elise and Exige clams are actually different at the lower front facia. It fare out a bit on the Exige to better direct air around/past the front tires. So splitters are not interchangeable.

Easy enough (removing clam) to do the mesh switch, and putting side scoops on an Elise.
Thanks for the info! I just picked up an Exige front middle mesh piece, and hopefully it'll fit without much modification (this weekend with any luck)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really want to chane the big bulky wing mirrors on my exige to one of the more smaller/tidier ones seen in loads of these pictures people have posted on this thread. Anybody got any links to where you can get them?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I really want to chane the big bulky wing mirrors on my exige to one of the more smaller/tidier ones seen in loads of these pictures people have posted on this thread. Anybody got any links to where you can get them?
I've actually got them on my car - they are the carbon fiber version and are VERY thin. If you're interested, I'm actually thinking of switching back to stock and would be interested in selling them - PM me if you'd like them :D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
refering to your sketches...

although "your design" sketch is totally based on the body kit 5 (wide) for the lotus elise in the Need For Speed series...that widebody kit is pretty freakin sweet...and your drafts of it are staggeringly accurate

here's a video where you can see a guy playing need for speed most wanted, equiping the kit (watch @0:14 -0:17):

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone seen this pic before?

im particularly interested in the tail and brakelight conversion - the stock europa s doesnt have this elise style brakelight setup, nor that style of rear vent

even the roof's been taken off, something also unusual on a europa

if anyone knows where this pic is from, or the company that makes this tail light conversion, i'd like to know about it

81 - 100 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.