·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Eterior Mods Question

i posted this message incorrectly and woud up an answer to another thread::

Question for anybody out there. I am purchasing a 2008 Exige from and LT member. Delivery next week. have been looking at aftermarket front splitters, 2010-style rear wing, and 3 or 5 element rear diffusers. If I track the car at all it will likely not be very often. Besides looks are these things really worth investing in? I mean, will I really notice a difference in general driving handling? And which is better 3-element or 5-elemant diffuser? Thanks in advance for your input..

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
docman,

IMO, the answer is no, you will not notice these things in the vast majority of street driving. What suspension does the Exige have on it? If you are after better handling, your money is more wisely spent on something like Nitron coilovers. Aero makes a difference at higher speeds and even then, you have to be driving pretty hard to take advantage of the extra grip.

For a street car, you are likely running far too high of a ride height for the difference in 3-element vs. 5-element to matter. The difference is small anyway. Go with the one you think looks better.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Here's my Elise w/ exige roof scoop. Got an exige roof for $300 shipped so I figured I'd just make it work. The hole behind the scoop was getting on my nerves so I found someone with a scrap rear clam and graphed the top into the roof, and created ducting running down and out of the scoop, into the rear clam to provide additional ventilation for the turbo. So the scoop is now functional :clap: As soon as I get a wing, it should balance it out quite nicely too.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Did you have to open the inlet on your roof? Those 06 roofs had a plate behind the grille blocking airflow.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
ordinarily I would think it odd since it terminates so abruptly, BUT the functionality automatically makes it badass.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Did you have to open the inlet on your roof? Those 06 roofs had a plate behind the grille blocking airflow.
Yea, but it was very easy to open it up; its just a plastic plate in the front.

Before I graphed the end on it, it did look a little strange as there was just a hole in the back. Now it looks almost OEM, though still a tad abrupt. It should look much more balanced with a wing though, I'll post a pic as soon as I pick one up.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Here's my Elise w/ exige roof scoop. Got an exige roof for $300 shipped so I figured I'd just make it work. The hole behind the scoop was getting on my nerves so I found someone with a scrap rear clam and graphed the top into the roof, and created ducting running down and out of the scoop, into the rear clam to provide additional ventilation for the turbo. So the scoop is now functional :clap: As soon as I get a wing, it should balance it out quite nicely too.
I really like this idea, really opens up the options for us looking for hard tops! Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I can't find any images of painted mesh or metal grilles. I've only seen black mesh grilles or color-matched plastic factory grilles. Are there any images of powder coated or color-paint grilles??

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
101 - 120 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.