The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://bit.ly/SIAxq0

No movie or any other significant history. All Esprits are pretty much 1 of a kind because they are hand built.

Who's gonna buy it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
529 Posts
First Turbo Esprit? crummy photos in Ebay auction

I don't know if I believe this claim about this being the first Lotus Turbo Esprit or not. But what a crummy group of photos and a complete lack of information regarding the condition of the car. A simply terrible way to market a car on Ebay.

There also does not seem to be any indication of any VIN number being listed in that auction at all. No history or any information how this "first" car got where it is or from whom.

Again what an idiotic way to try to sell what "might" (highly doubtful) be a significant car on ebay.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I like how he says "free shipping". for $120k i expect it to come with a sandwich..... and a plethora of women to feed it to me :)

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
For someone asking $120K with 80K miles and located in Australia, the pictures are pretty marginal. For that kinda money and shipping distance there needs to be far more pictures.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
While this one's a bit silly, there is a G-bodied car on ebay that has an SHO engine conversion. It really doesn't speak to how well sorted it is or isn't, so I feel like much is said by what isn't said.

Still, back when I had my Esprit, I thought that an SHO engine swap might be interesting.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the VIN for anyone interested: SCCFC20A8AHD10939

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts