The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pack of 20 CR2032 batteries that our key fobs use. Go to DealExtreme.com m to find them... $3.66 for the 20 pack plus FREE shipping..The package had tape around the whole package so there was no chance of 2 batteries making contact with one another. Tested all 20 batteries with my multimeter and ALL had a voltage rating of 2.6 volts or more which is excellent. Don't know how long battery life is, probably not as good as ones by Duracell or Energizer, but still worth it due to the price. 20 batteries - what the Heck man. Change them once a month... Just a helpful hint here.... Be safe... :shift::D

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but can I simply change the battery in my keyfob and it will keep on working like before, or do I need to reprogram it? I only have one. I know, I know..

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but can I simply change the battery in my keyfob and it will keep on working like before, or do I need to reprogram it? I only have one. I know, I know..
In most cases simply changing the battery does not require "Re syncing". Re syncing is not "Programming" which is needed if introducing a new remote into the system. See "......programming" below.

Tested all 20 batteries with my multimeter and ALL had a voltage rating of 2.6 volts or more which is excellent.
CR2032's are rated at 3V, not 2.6V, those batteries are suspect :shrug:.

Cheers,
Michael

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Batteries = Voltage readings.

In regards to the Voltage of the 20 batteries. The lowest power reading on the meter for one was 2.6 volts. Almost all 19 others were reading 3.1, 3.2and a 3.4 volts. So basically I threw the one Weak one away . Hope that helps.. :panic: :D

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Just be sure to swap the batteries quickly and you should be fine. I have done many battery replacements already and have never had to do a resync.

BTW, if you want a 2nd remote I have one I can sell you. Just PM me if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
These are for the 2005 remote....right?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
All years from 2005 to 2007 having the Cobra 8186 use CR 2032 batteries. Personally, I would not use an unknown brand of battery in an essential piece of equipment like the remote.
Cheers,
Michael
These are for the 2005 remote....right?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
1) How often are you guys changing the remote batteries?

2) Mine are 3 years old, and still good, but I can change them (I have two remotes, so I figure I can change one, see if it works, then change the other), so I don't have dreaded re program/re synch issues

·
Registered
525 Posts
Id be interested in an extra key FOB that you guys have for sell if this question can be clearly answered:

Is the Key FOB I have, model 7777, the same as model 8186? I have yet to really get a clear answer. Hah, sorry if Im coming off as rude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts