The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barber has a complete 2008 schedule up, but not 2009.

So far LOG26 in Dallas has had a leg up on LOG27 and LOG28. -poke-

Why? Extra track day. :)

What's going on at Barber on Tuesday? I'm really hoping that there will be something going on that we can join OR that we could do a 'private' track day not associated with LOG29 or something.

Anyone have contacts that they could ask about this?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Rich,

Best thing you can do is go to the LOG 29 website and find a contact there to email and ask for the track day person. They would be the one(s) with the skinny on what is lined up for the LOG 29 t.d.
A two dayer would be nice, that's why we did it at LOG 26, that and it because it had never been done before.
Always bigger in Texas you know.

Al

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I'm open for anything, I'd really like to spend two days at the same track. I'm hoping that **** (one of the organizers for LOG29) will weigh in soon. Thanks for the idea about Talladega.

Since we have a bit of time, should we start a list of 'interested in an extra track day on Tuesday' folks? Maybe we can pull together enough folks to do it.

1. RichS

·
Registered
257 Posts
While I'm open for anything, I'd really like to spend two days at the same track. I'm hoping that **** (one of the organizers for LOG29) will weigh in soon. Thanks for the idea about Talladega.

Since we have a bit of time, should we start a list of 'interested in an extra track day on Tuesday' folks? Maybe we can pull together enough folks to do it.

1. RichS
2. Petroboy

I'm planning a road trip to LOG, Tail of the Dragon, and whatever else I can come up with to make a week out of it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, might as well make it worth our while. It's a LONG drive for only one track day. :)

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,715 Posts
I'll mention it to our track day chairman and see what they say.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any word back from your track day chairman ****?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Yes. The track costs $15K a day at Barber vs much less than that in Dallas. Traditionally the economics of it just don't work out. If you can figure out a way to make it pay for itself, I'm sure there could be another track day. Therein is the problem though.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm.... 15K is quite a bit.

Is there any way we could get a discount for doing two days in a row? If the cost was only $10K I think we could do it.

How much do sponsors typically contribute? If we got two or three sponsors at a few K each (Yokohama? A dealership? Sector 111? Chuforia Graphics?;)) that might help.

How many spots are open for the current track day? What are the costs going to be for the current track day?

Let's say that $250/person is the pain point for an extra track day and that it would be reasonable to say that 40 people would attend an extra track day. That would give us $10K. We would have to find some sponsors to cover the rest I guess. Am I off base? Is 40 too many? Too few?

This thread didn't get a whole lot of traffic, but I suppose we could do the following:

How interested are you in an extra track day at LOG 29?
How much would you pay for an extra track day at LOG29 at Barber?
How much would a sponsor pay to sponsor the extra track day?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,715 Posts
What SweetDaddyD said!

There's just no way the LOG29 committee can get the budget numbers to work for a second track day. Heck, we're straining the sponsors now for the schedule with just one track day. I agree that its a great idea but unfortunately its not feasible.

·
Registered
460 Posts

1. RichS
2. Shine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts