The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. Is it possible to replace the exposed aluminum crossmember in front of the seats? Is it bonded or bolted to the chassis? I assume removal of the bellypan is the first place to start. Mine is looking a bit tatty.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are talking about the passenger side foot rest - That is velcroed in with very industrial strength velcro, takes a bit of pulling to remove it, not sure on the triangular vertical to the driver piece in front of the shifter if you are talking about that one
No, I mean the lateral (not longitudinal) sort of ribbed cossmember that one steps on (accidentally) as they enter/exit the car. It appears to go under the sills, but I have no idea how it's terminated.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 It is part of the chassis unit.
Nuts.

These things seem to take a beating (and I have no recollection of wearing cleats in this car). Wish it was either trimmed out or a surface that would accept some sort of polishing.

Sorry, 10 years of Jaguar E-type motordome has me constantly thinking in concourse terms. I do drive the snot out of the thing though!

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.