The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be posting updates on the progress of my TVS install. I also plan to do a clutch, engine mounts and the fuel surge tank. Any thoughts or comments are welcome. I have limited experience so keep that in mind as I progress.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope,

I decided to go with the EFI. I wanted the ability to adjust the base tune as I further modify my engine. I don't plan to "open" the engine this year but likely will do valves/springs/pistons/and a charge cooler in the future. I just don't see how a flash would do. I also have a CAI (turbo XS) and Larini exhaust. I might straight pipe the cat for the track this summer. How the heck can a flash account for all that?:shrug:

Are you using a reflashed ecu for engine management?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK,

Yesterday evening

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
removed interior last night

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the clam this morning!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW,

Phil's directions are great. My perspective is definitely one of a less experienced mechanic (I do learn fast though). I'm making notes along the way and will pass them along to Phil. I also have the Lotus manual (downloaded) as a back-up.

·
Registered
740 Posts
good luck!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I noticed that you have a jack holding up the car at jacking point "A" (at the end of the chassis rail). You're making me nervous, that's dangerously close to the CG of the car... (even though you've got the clam and the rear wheels off).

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I noticed that you have a jack holding up the car at jacking point "A" (at the end of the chassis rail). You're making me nervous, that's dangerously close to the CG of the car... (even though you've got the clam and the rear wheels off).

i was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
subscribed!

:popcorn:

very excited for you. good luck.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tx,

I'll move it back a bit more. I have to go buy a couple of hockey pucks.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tx,

I'll have to locate C and reposition. Lotus should have put a blue sticky there too.rotfl I have moveable crossmembers for the lift so it will be even easier.

Cool, just in case you haven't seen this:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Points C are along the rear of the shear panel with the holes in it. Points D is the rear subframe. Either are perfect for holding the rear up.

Points A are not meant to be used long term, short usage to release the under panels or change tires is the longest i will ever use A for.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Position D (rear subframe) is a good place for a jackstand, particularly if you're going to be under the car. Since it's on the gavanized steel frame, no hockey pucks are required.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
I was offering "TVS test flights" yesterday at our mini KC GTG to some of the guys.

They all seemed to have bigass grins on their faces when they got back ;)

It's an entirely different car... seriously!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Except for me, the idiot who kept stalling your car, no grin in the beginning..
That is the shortest clutch I have ever driven!
Thanks for the drive Dave, crazy power!!
I loved it but Phil's neighbors, not so much....

Jae

1 - 20 of 261 Posts