The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have BNIB Freno carbon brake kits. The front kit includes rotors and 4-Pot loaded Freno calipers. The rear kit is rotors/pads and works with OE calipers.

SOLD

I’m a new member on LT, but have been involved with motorsports for decades. I have other enthusiast forum accounts with years of history and feedback, including that major online auction site.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Is it possible to get another set of front calipers to mount on the back instead of using the OEM caliper?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
purveyor of lightness
4,068 Posts
Stock front rotors (13.30 lbs.). + stock front caliper (3.35 lbs.) + stock front pads (1.09 lbs.) = 17.74 lbs. per side x 2 = 35.48 lbs. for front axle
Freno front rotors (4.76 lbs.) + freno front caliper (3.90 lbs.) + freno front pads (0.58 lbs.) = 9.24 lbs. per side x 2 = 18.48 lbs. for front axle

Front axle* savings of 17 lbs. or 7.71 kg

Stock rear rotors (13.30 lbs.) + stock rear pads (0.96 lbs.) = 14.26 lbs. per side x 2 = 28.52 lbs. for rear axle
Freno rear rotors (4.31 lbs.) + freno rear pads (0.86 lbs.) = 5.17 lbs. per side x 2 = 10.34 lbs. for rear axle

Rear axle savings of 18.18 lbs. or 8.24 kg.

Total savings of 35.18 lbs. or 15.95 kg.

Hope this helps - good luck with sale!

*someone pointed out that there is no front axle - c'mon guys you know what I mean! :)

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These would look great beneath someone's Christmas Tree (and even better behind a set of wheels)!

Any holiday offers out there?

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@flingshot

Freno will sell you additional calipers separately. The mechanics are easy...maybe only a fabricated bracket. The bias could be handled with a pedal box/2 masters/balance bar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.