The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a BNIB QUAIFE 6-speed sequential gearkit, including shifter, bearings, seals, fasteners, 2 Blackwatch Racing input shafts, and add’l Quaife 1st(2.545) & 2nd gear(1.929). I can’t for the life of me find the gear indicator though SMH.

Gear Ratios
First: 2.545
Second: 1.929
Third: 1.563
Fourth: 1.333
Fifth: 1.167
Sixth: 1.050
Final: 3.857

Asking $10,000.00

I’m a new member on LT, but have been involved with motorsports for decades. I have other enthusiast forum accounts with years of history and feedback, including that major online auction site.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have a BNIB QUAIFE 6-speed sequential gearkit, including shifter, bearings, seals, fasteners, 2 Blackwatch Racing input shafts, and add’l Quaife 1st(2.545) & 2nd gear(1.929). I can’t for the life of me find the gear indicator though SMH.

Gear Ratios
First: 2.545
Second: 1.929
Third: 1.563
Fourth: 1.333
Fifth: 1.167
Sixth: 1.050
Final: 3.857

Asking $10,000.00

Man you were really commited to this to have changed your mind!

Just so everyone knows, you CANT buy the gearset, they only sell it assembeled into a gearbox you have to provide to them in the UK

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man you were really commited to this to have changed your mind!

Just so everyone knows, you CANT buy the gearset, they only sell it assembeled into a gearbox you have to provide to them in the UK
Time allotment trumps all. There’s only so many hours in the day, and the foreseeable future is a hard truth. I’ll have more to post up in coming days. All empathy is appreciated, although cash is appreciated more :grin2:

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Words can not describe how much I want to buy this (but really really shouldn't)
If words can't get it done for you, try a video. Really you should buy it (in the US now, has BWR improved input shaft with spare, and spare 1/2 gears). It's a bargain that won't come around again at this price.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
You want fred of blackwatch racing to build the box for you if you cannot. In terms of putting the box into the car most any race shop should be able to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can handle pulling the trans, ive never built anything like this and I’m sure there’s no beginners guide.
I’ll try to touch base with Fred to see if this is even remotely possible

·
Not a Robot
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in San Jose, CA. BWR is only a couple hours from Atlanta, so definitely worth the trip if you're close to that vicinity. I could ship direct to Fred. He may even be willing to do a deal with you on the spare shaft/gears. Might make it a good value proposition.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Who would be capable of installing something like this?
It's very very easy to build a dog-engagement, sequential gearbox. Much easier than a synchromesh gearbox.
The hardest part is setting the shifter detent. If you need help, I can provide some assistance.

Also, someone else mentioned you can't buy the gearset. This isn't necessary correct if you're talking about buying specific gears and changing your gear ratios. You can buy every individual part of a quaife gearbox from Momentum in the UK.

And the best thing about the sequential is the constant power being delivered inbetween shifts. Makes power delivery much more fun and controllable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts